The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Meanwhile, the law firm I work at has just been told by a major international company that it is shelving its multi-hundred million investment project in South Yorkshire that had been on the cards (and likely to generate several hundred jobs) because of . . well you guessed it . . .uncertainty over Brexit and access to European markets.
Have the partners, senior associates & assorted other fee earners at your firm, already thrown good money after bad getting themselves onto the Irish Roll, in the (mistaken) belief that this is going to keep them exporting legal services to the EU27? :twisted::D

I’m enjoying Brexiteers’ ignorant denials of consequences, particularly the ongoing Brexodus of high-added-value service businesses from the U.K.: I’ve been getting new ex-City (& -elsewhere) neighbours here in Luxembourg for months, and there’s no end to it in sight. Not big job numbers (though at our scale, it soon adds up), but when you clock the sheer scale of asset volumes transferred...:o

At the end of the day just one woman has pledged to implement what David Cameron said. They are even bringing out a new 50 pence coin to commemorate the UK leaving the EU.

A coin is a start to mark our independence, but we should have a week of celebrations to mark this important milestone.

Let's consign the horrid EU symbol and flag to the dustbin of history!

Let's consign the horrid EU symbol and flag to the dustbin of history!

Along with scientific and industrial research.

Along with environmental protection.

Along with animal welfare.

Along with employment rights.

Along with the NHS.

Etc.

Along with scientific and industrial research.

Along with environmental protection.

Along with animal welfare.

Along with employment rights.

Along with the NHS.

Etc.

The EU did not invent the NHS, Employment rights, animal welfare, environmental protection etc. We had these things long before we joined the neoliberal big business club!

Can you explain why the wellbeing of me and my family should rely on your 'faith'?

Yes its called democracy. I got to vote and I presume you also did and neither of us has to explain to the other why they voted the way they did.

Can you explain just how the wellbeing of you and your family have been impacted?

Not off hand...can you? Do you think it would have happened without EU money?

Yes.

I have not been able to find out just how much funding came from EU funds but.. It seems that Rolls Royce received around £25 million from various Government funds for its Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre. Dont forget also that some money may have come from the EU but was given initially to them from the UK in the first place.