The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Irish passport applications from British applicants skyrocket

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46030552

Personally, I'm eligible for one.

It'll at least help alleviate any potential travel hassles post Brexit.

Has anyone else considered dual citizenship of another EU country?

Yes been down the dual citizenship route for wife and kids. I’m totally British and not eligible. Also in the process of securing assets, moving money out of the U.K. which is much easier to do now the wife and kids have accounts in other countries.

---------- Post added 31-10-2018 at 12:51 ----------

Now you are making assumptions about who voted what...

The polls before the referendum weren't based on what people actually did,unlike the ones after..do you have any links to how much better the economy will be after brexit?

Apelike can squirm and wriggle all he wants but Brexit is categorically not by the left or for the left.

It really is simple

Leavers pretending that there was a strong Labour vote for it doesn’t make it true. I’ve already outlined the dynamics with voter behaviour in a fairly safe Labour seat that voted strongly for Brexit.

A recent poll said that around 50% of people still think the NHS is going to get £350m a week. That’s sad. Then I was made aware that it wasn’t just on the side of the bus. A referendum election booklet that allowed each campaign to state their cases had the £350m promise described in more detail.

Brexit is not an inclusive process that strongly includes the left. Nobody can pretend it is. The country is still heavily divided along many lines, and one of those is the fact that Brexit is owned by the right and far right. They are driving the bus

Edited by I1L2T3

Due to circumstances too boring to explain, I am now managing a tiny mail order company, half of our customers are in the EU...

Bugger.

One of my mates works for a company which puts up display stands for large trade exhibitions and half of their work is in Europe (mainly France, Holland and Germany). Most of this work is for large banks and insurance companies and is always planned at least six months in advance.

He and his colleagues were told last Friday that in all likelihood they would be cutting the workforce in half next year as so far they have had NO French or German bookings for next year after March when they should now be booking up to May and June. Apparently those clients will not take the risk of making a booking with any UK company when it is not known what will happen after March.

So those who say "Don't worry, some kind of deal will be done at the last minute", remember some people are already paying the price. Those contracts have already been let to EU based companies and have gone whatever the outcome of negotiations. My mate is one of the newer members of staff and fully expects to be one of the first to be let go. Him and his Mrs are expecting another child next year and he says that if he hears another Brexiteer saying "Don't worry, it's all Project Fear!" he will punch their lights out.

For an increasing number of people the Brexit damage to the economy has already started. :suspect:

Irish passport applications from British applicants skyrocket

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46030552

Personally, I'm eligible for one.

It'll at least help alleviate any potential travel hassles post Brexit.

Has anyone else considered dual citizenship of another EU country?

It makes sense for anyone wishing to remain in the EU who is eligible for an Irish passport to apply for one. These people are unselfish, unlike those who don't respect the democratic EU referendum result wanting the decision the UK people made reversed. The benefit of UK people wishing to stay in the EU and moving to Ireland is that they don't need to learn a foreign language.

You do understand that leaving the EU will impact you too, don't you?
He doesn’t care. S’fine.

We’ll take all the blame the U.K. cares to throw our collective way.

And in exchange we’ll keep all the U.K.’s business :thumbsup:

£250bn’s worth of Barclays U.K. starting their way to Dublin in today’s news.

The benefit of UK people wishing to stay in the EU and moving to Ireland is that they don't need to learn a foreign language.

You are definitely a bot as you clearly have no idea what this story is about!

Nobody is applying for an Irish passport to move to Ireland. They are doing it so that they can live, travel and most importantly work in any part of the EU which people with blue passports will no longer be able to do next year!

He doesn’t care. S’fine.

We’ll take all the blame the U.K. cares to throw our collective way.

And in exchange we’ll keep all the U.K.’s business :thumbsup:

£250bn’s worth of Barclays U.K. starting their way to Dublin in today’s news.

Yebbutt just wait till Audi force Merkel to insist that we get a special deal...