The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Even if it does turn out that there was funding criminality (which I doubt) the referendum result is still completely 100 per cent VALID as it would be virtually impossible to prove whether illegal money had swung the result or not.

The only way to decide that would be to go back to the democratic people, and let them make a decision.

If there is criminality but it didn’t skew the original vote then a peoples vote should reaffirm the original result. You should have nothing to be afraid of.

Easy

Even if it does turn out that there was funding criminality (which I doubt) the referendum result is still completely 100 per cent VALID as it would be virtually impossible to prove whether illegal money had swung the result or not.

what would happen in an election if it transpired that thousands of votes had been made illegal?

The only way to decide that would be to go back to the democratic people, and let them make a decision.

If there is criminality but it didn’t skew the original vote then a peoples vote should reaffirm the original result. You should have nothing to be afraid of.

Easy

The investigation could take 12 months or more to complete.I suggest we wait until we know the outcome.

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 21:44 ----------

Arron Banks has publicly stated that the Electoral Commission has produced no evidence to support its claims of illegal foreign donations.

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 21:46 ----------

what would happen in an election if it transpired that thousands of votes had been made illegal?

How are thousands of votes "made illegal"?

The investigation could take 12 months or more to complete.I suggest we wait until we know the outcome.

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 21:44 ----------

Arron Banks has publicly stated that the Electoral Commission has produced no evidence to support its claims of illegal foreign donations.

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 21:46 ----------

How are thousands of votes "made illegal"?

Then we should wait. It’s the safest thing to do.

I feel very uncomfortable about how the appalling Project Fear predictions influenced the vote and scared so many good people into supporting something they knew to be wrong. Even now, all Remain has to offer is the supposed terrible consequences of Leaving, with absolutely nothing positive about staying in.

Project Fear was a serious miscarriage of government and the people in charge should be rotting in a prison cell, not living a life of sheer luxury.

You owe me a new irony-metre.

Then we should wait. It’s the safest thing to do.

In the meantime, while we wait for the outcome of the criminal investigation, let's implement Brexit and Leave the EU, finally, in March of next year.

Brexit cannot be stopped. Brexit should not be stopped.

The Remain side had the enormous advantage of being supported by all of the machinery of government, including the civil service and the vast majority of MPs & Lords - all of whom had priviledged access to the media.

The establishment skewed the referendum massively in favour of Remain. But still the electorate thought "If this is as good as membership of this political union gets, let's get the hell out".

The establishment has never accepted this and is why some bitter Remainers have made a complaint. I doubt it will get very far.

Yeah, and farage, Rees-mogg and boris Johnson all came from council estates.

The Electoral Commission has already fined the official Remain campaign 'Britain Stronger in Europe' and the Remain supporting Liberal Democrats thousands of £pounds for breaching election spending rules in the EU referendum.

How many votes did these law breakers attract to the Remain side because of their spending criminality?