The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Some of us aren't being manipulated by big business and international finance into believing that an entity that exists to represent their interests is some how to be viewed of as 'progressive' and a protector of the rights of the working class.

tell me again what aaron banks does? or rees mogg? what about bojo the clown? or farages original job?

Yes he did actually say that it would have been better to remain and to have not unleashed all the demons.

So he did say that!

I was watching it in a hotel room and didn't have the facility to rewind it for another listen.

The case for a re run of the vote or even sacking off the whole stupid idea completely in the national interest grows every day!

So he did say that!

I was watching it in a hotel room and didn't have the facility to rewind it for another listen.

The case for a re run of the vote or even sacking off the whole stupid idea completely in the national interest grows every day!

Yes he really said it. Incredible really

Some of us aren't being manipulated by big business and international finance into believing that an entity that exists to represent their interests is some how to be viewed of as 'progressive' and a protector of the rights of the working class.
The irony of your post notwithstanding, no-one gets to manipulate me, and if they should try, that is never for long, nor without consequences.

Theresa May & her government tried in 2016-2017. But I’m no one’s negotiation chip.

So as a direct result, I turned the £37k-odd I was dropping annually in income tax and NI, the £45k-odd I was dropping annually in local consumption and indirect taxes, and the mid £6-figs under professional activity (VAT on services, taxable profits, goodwill for U.K. services, etc), all of it ultimately supporting the U.K. and all who sail on her, into a big fat zero for the U.K. as from late Nov/early Dec 2017. And moved it all here, thanks to the EU.

Now I still “support the working class”, and am very happy to, same as I’ve always been. Just not the UK’s anymore, since you didn’t want me there anymore: the local working class appreciates the value of other people’s money far better than in the UK :thumbsup:

The irony of your post notwithstanding, no-one gets to manipulate me, and if they should try, that is never for long, nor without consequences.

Theresa May & her government tried in 2016-2017. But I’m no one’s negotiation chip.

So as a direct result, I turned the £37k-odd I was dropping annually in income tax and NI, the £45k-odd I was dropping annually in local consumption and indirect taxes, and the mid £6-figs under professional activity (VAT on services, taxable profits, goodwill for U.K. services, etc), all of it ultimately supporting the U.K. and all who sail on her, into a big fat zero for the U.K. as from late Nov/early Dec 2017. And moved it all here, thanks to the EU.

Now I still “support the working class”, and am very happy to, same as I’ve always been. Just not the UK’s anymore, since you didn’t want me there anymore: the local working class appreciates the value of other people’s money far better than in the UK :thumbsup:

Congratulations proof if ever, We exist as chaos-driven reactions. Wellbeing is the driver of presence. To follow the journey is to become one with it. Well done L00b :clap::banana::headbang:

Congratulations proof if ever, We exist as chaos-driven reactions. Wellbeing is the driver of presence. To follow the journey is to become one with it. Well done L00b :clap::banana::headbang:
You can choose to see it as chaos-driven reaction. It’s a personal perspective, no more nor less valid than another opinion.

I see it with a Darwinian perspective, tinged by dispassionate Cartesianism: adapt fast and early to an environment changing demonstrably for the worse over an indeterminate term, by exiting the said environment for another deemed better :)

It’s what migrants, economic and not, have always done since man was man. And the very definition of pulling oneself by one’s own straps.

Edited by L00b

I cant see in to the future. Can you provide details that Clacton was in a worse state pre 1973?

I've seen some nonsense spouted in the Brexit debate, but I dont think anyone has ever plumbed the depths so much as blaming the EU on Clacton's economic slide.

Clacton has died as a town for one single reason: Its main economic driver was a seaside resort, and as cheap package holidays have become more popular so Clacton has died a slow death. The same is true of pretty much ever similar place in the UK - Great Yarmouth, Margate etc.

It has nothing to do with the EU. However, the area has been a recipient of lots of EU regeneration funding. That, of course, will end post Brexit.

Classic case of Turkeys voting for Christmas

The mercenary footsoldiers of global capitalism.

But saying that, one hardworking EU economic migrant is worth more than a thousand affluent, skinny latte sipping, middle class Remain supporting professionals with a Brexit chip on their shoulder.

You're getting funnier...keep it up I like a good laugh :)

---------- Post added 05-11-2018 at 11:05 ----------

As opposed to Rees-Mogg, Hannan, Johnson etc... being champions of the working class..

Haven’t thought this through have you

We've gone through this before but the bot hasn't come up with a reply...

We've gone through this before but the bot hasn't come up with a reply...
Car boot might be familiar with Peter Geoghegan’s work (as part of Open Democracy), and so know full well how much of a ma-ooo-sive own goal his reply, whatever reply, to that question would be.

He won’t answer (or will post hand-waving nonsense, same difference).

No self-respecting, normally-adjusted supporter of democracy, on either side of the Brexit debate, can.

Edited by L00b
added link