The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

The EU Brexit negotiators seem to be getting a lot of pressure from continental businesses and I have read today The Federation of German Industries are putting pressure on the high priestess of the EU who is on her way out, A Merkel, to show more flexibility.

I get the impression they are starting to panic. It won’t be a bed of roses for them either if we can’t get a deal.

That's just a watered down version of the "BMW/AUDI/Mercedes will make sure a deal is done/ They need us more than we need them" argument.
It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the source of this (habitual) nonsense was the (habitual) Express or Sun ;)

The pressure on the EU27 currently is coming from Barnier, who wants as much slack on his leash from the EU27 as they’ll allow, to get the deal over the hill this week.

Because if it doesn’t, then the noises from the “tunnel” are that the whole thing would then go straight to the last-chance-saloon emergency December meeting, whence a crash-out would be, by that stage, all but garanteed.

The EU Brexit negotiators seem to be getting a lot of pressure from continental businesses and I have read today The Federation of German Industries are putting pressure on the high priestess of the EU who is on her way out, A Merkel, to show more flexibility.

I get the impression they are starting to panic. It won’t be a bed of roses for them either if we can’t get a deal.

If they don't get a deal, they will be left in a free trade zone of 27 countries, each having 26 other trading partners. We on the other hand will be out, with no trade deals with anyone. Zada. Zilch. Nothing. Not even on WTO terms.

I know which of the two versions of that bed of roses i would prefer to be in.

Had a chuckle at the bbc news site today with a couple of brexit related articles.

First one that made me chuckle was the news that about 1200 top UK lawyers have written a letter to the government saying there should be a peoples vote on the final outcome, that comes after top business leaders also wrote to the government saying there should be a peoples vote as is our democratic right

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46086336

seems its picking up steam now and brextremists will be starting to worry.

The second article that made me properly lol, although not strictly brexit related its about immigration and thats one of the major reasons why brextremists voted to leave, despite what some claim now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46092838

seems a rule that came into being in 2016 is being removed and people from commonwealth countries will be able to join our armed forces even if they haven't lived in this country....ever. LOL

Immigration by the back door?

the reason being? not enough english people have joined up since 2010, seems its a perfect storm of an aging population, high employment and obesity on the rise less people are either not wishing to join up or cant.

Had a chuckle at the bbc news site today with a couple of brexit related articles.

First one that made me chuckle was the news that about 1200 top UK lawyers have written a letter to the government saying there should be a peoples vote on the final outcome, that comes after top business leaders also wrote to the government saying there should be a peoples vote as is our democratic right

The second article that made me properly lol, although not strictly brexit related its about immigration and thats one of the major reasons why brextremists voted to leave, despite what some claim now.

seems a rule that came into being in 2016 is being removed and people from commonwealth countries will be able to join our armed forces even if they haven't lived in this country....ever. LOL

the reason being? not enough english people have joined up since 2010, seems its a perfect storm of an aging population, high employment and obesity on the rise less people are either not wishing to join up or cant.

Lunchtime News: 'Recruitment was privatised and outsourced to Capita, but they failed to deliver. So is now back in house' (where it belongs IMO.)

There are in excess of 18,000 barristers and judges working in the UK and nearly 118,000 practicing solicitors. More if you Include those who are retired.

So getting 1,200 to sign an open letter is certainly not indicative of the majority view. Nor is such a small number particularly impressive.

Lunchtime News: 'Recruitment was privatised and outsourced to Capita, but they failed to deliver. So is now back in house' (where it belongs IMO.)

but what about the rule that you have to have lived in the country for 5 years that they brought in in 2016? and are they getting rid of it?

---------- Post added 05-11-2018 at 18:25 ----------

There are in excess of 18,000 barristers and judges working in the UK and nearly 118,000 practicing solicitors. More if you Include those who are retired.

So getting 1,200 to sign an open letter is certainly not indicative of the majority view. Nor is such a small number particularly impressive.

make excuses but its happened, and its rising, more and more people are asking for a peoples vote and the clamour is getting bigger...i'd be worried if i was you.

I dont see ANY deal getting through the commons.

A hard Brexit , and Labour and others will defeat it ,and a Soft Brexit will be defeated by Hardline Tory Brexiteers.