The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I dont see ANY deal getting through the commons.

A hard Brexit , and Labour and others will defeat it ,and a Soft Brexit will be defeated by Hardline Tory Brexiteers.

You are correct.

That's why a second referendum of some sort is inevitable.

I dont see ANY deal getting through the commons.

A hard Brexit , and Labour and others will defeat it ,and a Soft Brexit will be defeated by Hardline Tory Brexiteers.

A no deal Brexit will have to go to the people if parliament can’t resolve the situation.

Simple as that

Brexit:What the Nation Really Thinks on Channel 4 now.

Should raise some interesting points to keep this thread going for another few years.

Plus Trump,What next at 8.30 should fuel that thread

Edited by RJRB

A no deal Brexit will have to go to the people if parliament can’t resolve the situation.

Simple as that

Indeed, most British people would stay in the EU rather than accept a no-deal Brexit

http://uk.businessinsider.com/poll-brits-would-rather-stay-in-the-eu-than-accept-a-no-deal-brexit-2018-11

No-deal would have significant political fallout.

You are correct.

That's why a second referendum of some sort is inevitable.

No its not .

Simple as that

its quite simple, we just leave without a deal.

I have no problem what so ever with that , as No Deal is the ONLY way that the referendum result will be delivered.

No its not .

its quite simple, we just leave without a deal.

I have no problem what so ever with that , as No Deal is the ONLY way that the referendum result will be delivered.

I understand that you don’t feel scared by it, but the consequences of a no deal need to be understood and agreed.

There is no way MPs will vote it through. They’ll have to go back to the people, or agree to dissolution of Parliament so a GE can be held

The Tories created a straight yes/no vote based on a simple majority. In reality a supermajority referendum should have been used. That would have provided a truly decisive result.

Whether or not that's true, and indeed whether or not there should have been a Referendum, is as irrelevant as are people's views re having another one and the involvement of possibly-unlawful funds from Mr Banks. There was a vote; and on that basis the law has already been altered to require the UK's departure date of 29 March 2019. Get on with it.

as No Deal is the ONLY way that the referendum result will be delivered.

Really?

38% of the electorate voted to leave.

36% of the electorate voted to remain.

26% of the electorate were undecided or didn't vote.

That is what I call inconclusive so the only way to deliver that is to stay as we are.

CHANNEL FOUR BREXIT POLL!

54% Remain

46% Leave

and very importantly Wales has now gone Remain.

So basically, England wants to leave the EU and the rest of the UK wants to stay. Now leaving the EU is constitutionally impossible.

Whether or not that's true, and indeed whether or not there should have been a Referendum, is as irrelevant as are people's views re having another one and the involvement of possibly-unlawful funds from Mr Banks. There was a vote; and on that basis the law has already been altered to require the UK's departure date of 29 March 2019. Get on with it.

Politicians make mistakes.

Our democratic process allows for mistakes to be mitigated and reversed if necessary