The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

as around 18% of the population is under the age of 14 and will also be excluded.

Maybe you could introduce a simple test for anyone over the age of ten and if they can demonstrate a simple understanding of how things work then maybe they should be allowed to vote.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Whether you call 'the people' the entire population, everyone over 16, all adults, all those eligible to vote or all those registered to vote, less than 40% of them voted to leave the EU.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Whether you call 'the people' the entire population, everyone over 16, all adults, all those eligible to vote or all those registered to vote, less than 40% of them voted to leave the EU.

That may be true but it is just another statistical sound bite from remainers that in reality is actually meaningless in the context of the referendum. ;)

BTW I prefer to call the "people" the ones that actually voted in the referendum and Leave was 51.9% and a majority. I think anyone who understands democracy will also.

Edited by apelike

That may be true but it is just another statistical sound bite from remainers that in reality is actually meaningless in the context of the referendum. ;)

The fact that the majority of 'adults' in the country do NOT want to leave the UK is probably the only statistic which really matters. It is certainly more meaningful than a discredited referendum which will very soon be three years out of date with absolutely no sign of it being implemented, not least because no one really knows what on earth leaving means.

I wonder if that 2% includes all the Leave voters already made redundant, and those warned they're soon to be made redundant, over relocations :twisted:

Joke -and 'price worth paying'- aside, I'm not sure how much of that phenomenon is down to entrenched views, or confirmation bias stoked by propagandist media, or simply mental fatigue about the topic over time.

Doesn't really matter anyway. You're a broken country, and that poll is just more evidence that you're not going to fix it any time soon I'm afraid.

Now ,even as a fervent fellow remainer you are beginning to annoy me.

We are not a broken country,and never will be.

Luxembourg may be a lovely place to live if you are in the financial world,but this is only made possible because of its low taxation for shady businesses.

It’s a tiny place with no great costs of maintaining an infrastructure and is not a model that any sizeable nation such as the U.K.,Germany ,France,Italy etc etc could follow.

So enjoy your life there but consider yourself fortunate in the lottery of life.

However many of us in Britain also consider ourselves fortunate to have been born,or welcomed here.

As a Europhile I may even visit Luxembourg sometime,although for most of my life I have only associated it with the radio.

The fact that the majority of 'adults' in the country do NOT want to leave the UK is probably the only statistic which really matters. It is certainly more meaningful than a discredited referendum which will very soon be three years out of date with absolutely no sign of it being implemented, not least because no one really knows what on earth leaving means.

really dont understand that one, the majority don't want to leave ? Yet the majority voted to leave. What?

---------- Post added 07-11-2018 at 00:53 ----------

According to Channel 4 last night, less than 2% of voters have changed their mind. Most people are rather fixed in their views.

Of all the thousands of posts on this forum, very rarely do we see people changing their mind, just discussions getting a lower and lower tone.

That is with 2 years of remaining proper-gander as was stated.