The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Can we please be spared the dated and cliched super rich boss playing the "I am from a working class background so you should listen to me when I say the EU is best for working men and women" card?

That was sooo 2016.

It wasn't believable back then either.

Hes also an expert on business and what could happen when things change or dont go to plan.

what are you?

Now, what about investment to keep these going? You know, new rolling stock for train companies, new power stations, thousands of miles’ worth of piping and drainage...where’s the money for that lot coming from?

More borrowing of more expensive money?

It won't be a problem 'cos they won't invest just like the last time they were nationalised industries..the rest of Europe were running fast electric trains while we were still building steam engines..

Hes also an expert on business and what could happen when things change or dont go to plan.

what are you?

Ha! Ha!

A multi-national big business fat cat telling working men and women the EU is best for them!

You couldn't make it up!

And the Remainers still wonder why they lost the June 2016 People's Vote!

Priceless!

(I'm working class, unlike Terry Sargeant, the chairman and CEO of ThyssenKrupp UK).

Ha! Ha!

A multi-national big business fat cat telling working men and women the EU is best for them!

You couldn't make it up!

Priceless!

(I'm working class, unlike Terry Sargeant, the chairman and CEO of ThyssenKrupp UK).

No business here = no jobs... common sense.

No business here = no jobs... common sense.

and no working men :(

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 16:34 ----------

Ha! Ha!

You couldn't make it up!

Priceless!

no real reply then :roll:

Why do you keep banging on a democratic vote two years ago based on very limited and misleading information.

I respect everyone’s right to believe that hard Brexit,soft Brexit or half baked Brexit is the way to go,although how you arrive at that view baffles me.

The race against time is pushing this country into a worse position than you or I envisaged at the time of the referendum and if ever a decision needed revisiting in the light of changing circumstances then this is the time.

“The electorate have spoken” mantra is wearing very thin,and May’s moment in the limelight will prove to be as short lived as Tony Blair’s post Iraq.Bad decisions lead to bad consequences as we seem determined to prove once more.

A shameful dishonest post. The UK Government made it perfectly clear to the whole UK electorate before the democratic EU referendum vote, that if the UK people decided to leave the EU then there was a big chance the UK's economy might suffer negatively as a consequence. To suggest there are changing circumstances now only discredits you as a honest poster. You are a despicable sore loser who neither respects democracy or respects the wishes of your fellow citizens who voted the alternative way to yourself. The only thing we have learnt since the democratic referendum vote is that there are more dishonest members of parliament who don't respect democracy than ever thought of in our worse nightmares and there are more traitors within the UK than previously thought. At a time when we have been remembering the people who gave up their lives for the UK, I find your rhetoric suggesting the UK are being pushed into a situation worse than ever envisaged disgusting.

I am prepared to hire a mini bus at my own personal expense and arrange transport at my expense for Sheffield Forum members, who don't respect the democratic referendum result so they can travel to Hull and catch a ferry to the EU and live there permanently.

Edited by Lockdoctor

I am prepared to hire a mini bus at my own personal expense and arrange transport at my expense for Sheffield Forum members, who don't respect the democratic referendum result so they can travel to Hull and catch a ferry to the EU and live there permanently.

Given that the majority of people in the UK wish to remain in the EU, would it not be easier and cheaper for those who don't, to go to somewhere that still resembles the 1950's? (like North Korea, Khazakstan or some of the southern states of america.)

No need, the chances of us leaving in any meaningful way are pretty much zero, so may aswell stay :hihi: