The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Any evidence for this or is it just another leave-lie?

Evidence of a change in attitude towards the EU from the UK public?

How about the 17.4 million votes to Leave?

In the 1975 referendum 17,378,581 people voted to stay in the EEC.

In the 2016 referendum 17,410,742 people voted to Leave. A significant increase from 1975.

Did you not get the memo?

In the 2016 referendum 17,410,742 people voted to Leave. A significant increase from 1975.

You certainly didn't get statistics.

40 mill. Registered voters in 75

46 and a half million in 2016

Puts your increase of less than 40k into perspective doesn't it?

40 mill. Registered voters in 75

46 and a half million in 2016

Puts your increase of less than 40k into perspective doesn't it?

Only 8,470,073 people voted to Leave in 1975.

Over 17.4 million voted to Leave in 2016.

Slightly more than 40,000 eh?

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 20:54 ----------

You certainly didn't get statistics.

I guess you don't do numbers.

Lockdoctor didn't write of forcibly deporting those who wish to Remain in the EU (big business) paradise. He just wants to aid those who love EU neoliberalism in their departure.
Did I mention 'forcibly'?

Wooooosh, went the point over your head.

You may call the UK 'broken'. All this means is that a large number of the electorate are increasingly hostile to even the very idea of the EU, never mind Remaining a member state.
And reciprocally, is the point.

But then you don't care one jot about the UK, as it isn't your home anymore, you are so fond of telling us.
That's right.

You'd need to appreciate what 'home' means, what being compelled to leave it means, the courage it takes, the heartache it causes. Your soapboxing to date hasn't convinced me that you're capable of doing that, so not going to waste my time even trying.

The only reason I'm (mostly) past caring, is because your lot kicked me out, and the other lot let you. You deserve each other. So I've walked the walk after talking the talk: can't hardly wait for you to reciprocate, and prove you're more than just all mouth :twisted:

Edited by L00b

They won't be able to afford the fare....

No probs. I’ll pay

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 21:20 ----------

The world has changed in the past 40 years as well...we're not the big dog we once were....

The world has changed in the last 2 years

Did I mention 'forcibly'?

You seem to have a lack of understanding of the meaning of the word 'deportation' Only foreigners can be deported. Giving our own people financial help to emigrate is certainly not deportation.

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 21:51 ----------

Lockdoctor didn't write of forcibly deporting those who wish to Remain in the EU (big business) paradise. He just wants to aid those who love EU neoliberalism in their departure.

Loob is an expert at poorly attempting to spin the facts. I suspect Loob is one of those Bot accounts which has been mentioned and in real life Loob has never travelled much further than the outskirts of Sheffield. Who one earth would choose to live in Luxembourg, whose only claim to fame is winning the Euro Vision song contest by default.

---------- Post added 12-11-2018 at 21:55 ----------

Can you define what you mean by "Traitor" in this context....

We had a democratic referendum which resulted in the democratic people deciding to leave the EU. After such an event as a referendum, any decent respectable honest person accepts the decision made by the majority and gets behind the choice the majority made. After the democratic referendum result was announced the EU became the enemy of the UK. Any UK citizen who supports the enemy (EU) rather than their own country (UK) is a traitor. Quite simple to define.

Edited by Lockdoctor

You'd need to appreciate what 'home' means, what being compelled to leave it means, the courage it takes, the heartache it causes. Your soapboxing to date hasn't convinced me that you're capable of doing that, so not going to waste my time even trying.

The only reason I'm (mostly) past caring, is because your lot kicked me out, and the other lot let you. You deserve each other. So I've walked the walk after talking the talk: can't hardly wait for you to reciprocate, and prove you're more than just all mouth :twisted:

Considering that EU nationals will be allowed to stay in the UK even if Brexit negotiations end in no deal, your statements are hysterical nonsense.

The only EU nationals being compelled to Leave are those convicted of fraud or found to have entered into a marriage of convenience to remain in the country. Do you belong to either of these groups?

Nobody is kicking out law abiding EU nationals. You could have stayed and applied for Settled Status. You would have been asked for proof of identity and residence, but would have had to disclose whether you have any criminal convictions.

Is this what scared you away?