The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

42 minutes ago, truman said:

I must have missed something...have we left already then? As far as I know we are still members..

I refer you to woodview's post about George Osbourne's warnings.  He wasn't talking about after the UK left the EU, but was talking about the immediate aftermath of a vote to leave the EU. 

14 hours ago, woodview said:

But George Osborne warned that unemployment would go up by 500,000 , there'd be an emergency budget putting 2p on your taxes , a recession , wages down by 3% and house prices down by 10%.

Surely, he wasn't making it up?????

???  ??

There can be no doubt those warnings convinced many undecided voters to vote remain.

21 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I refer you to woodview's post about George Osbourne's warnings.  He wasn't talking about after the UK left the EU, but was talking about the immediate aftermath of a vote to leave the EU. 

There can be no doubt those warnings convinced many undecided voters to vote remain.

That's right, in reference to Trumans point, those warnings were what would happen immediately after a vote. They did convince mant to vote Remain. So for those pointing only at Leave lies, they need to look at the whole picture.

On another point, there were lots of comments that the negotiation was finished and the EU had said 'that's it now, no more changes at all' . These gospel words were raised on here, by the usual suspects. So, it's interesting to see that the 'demands' of Spain referencing Gibralter, are being incorporated before the weekend. Strange how things work isn't it?

2 hours ago, woodview said:

On another point, there were lots of comments that the negotiation was finished and the EU had said 'that's it now, no more changes at all' . These gospel words were raised on here, by the usual suspects. So, it's interesting to see that the 'demands' of Spain referencing Gibralter, are being incorporated before the weekend. Strange how things work isn't it?

There won't be any changes because the Spanish government cannot veto the withdrawal agreement as the Article 50 process will be decided by qualified majority voting - however, they can veto a subsequent trade deal. At the moment, all they're doing is sabre rattling for the future. 

3 hours ago, woodview said:

That's right, in reference to Trumans point, those warnings were what would happen immediately after a vote. They did convince mant to vote Remain. So for those pointing only at Leave lies, they need to look at the whole picture.

Good to know we'll all be better off when we've left then....  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

If they deleted all the posts making the same point over and over, and the snidy digging posts, it would be down to 5 pages

It wasnt a dig at moderation, just an observation, maybe down to the move last night, i know it was over 600 on mi phone the past couple of days on the bus going to work. Maybe theres more pages on the phone as theres less posts on the screen? not sure

4 hours ago, woodview said:

They are. Leavers generally are not.

4 hours ago, woodview said:

On another point, there were lots of comments that the negotiation was finished and the EU had said 'that's it now, no more changes at all'. These gospel words were raised on here, by the usual suspects. So, it's interesting to see that the 'demands' of Spain referencing Gibralter, are being incorporated before the weekend. Strange how things work isn't it?

The negotiation with the UK is finished. This is a new negotiation. With Spain. And only because the UK tried playing silly bugger in the WA at the 11th hour.

And before you should come all surprised or sanctimonious, I told you tens of times before: there were always 28 parties to the withdrawal agreement negotiation, not just 2. It's just that 27 of them were represented by a common agent. But that doesn't mean they were going to forget or shelve their individual self-interests.

Edited by L00b

37 minutes ago, L00b said:

They are. Leavers generally are not.

The negotiation with the UK is finished. This is a new negotiation. With Spain. And only because the UK tried playing silly bugger in the WA at the 11th hour.

And before you should come all surprised or sanctimonious, I told you tens of times before: there were always 28 parties to the withdrawal agreement negotiation, not just 2. It's just that 27 of them were represented by a common agent. But that doesn't mean they were going to forget or shelve their individual self-interests.

and leavers were told numerous times before, during and after the referendum about Ireland, about Gibraltar BUT it was them that opened the can of worms