The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

28 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Are you sure we don’t get anything in return?

The draft withdrawal agreement is a legally binding document and the bit what mentions future arrangements is not legally binding.  No business worth their salt big or small would sign such an agreement which guarantees nothing.

37 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The membership bill is a fraction of 1% of GDP

Again......the same lazy and debunked arguments just not in a Brexit crazy way.

Are you sure we don’t get anything in return?

If we had you’d be living in and eating out of a bin

Yes, any country not in the eu, all the citizens are homeless. FACT. 😂

25 minutes ago, RJRB said:

If you and Angel ever thought that we could have any possibility of “just walk away “ with no over hanging debt after years of membership then you need a reality check.

Whether this is a factual figure or accountable to the last billion I have no idea,but it has certainly come down from the £100 billion or £50 billion which have been touted in the past.

Its not a sweetener. Brexit will still be very sour.

We have signed up to commitments and agreed to pay our way and these must be honoured.

Just like us individuals with mortgage agreements,rental contracts,business debts,bank loans ,there’s a price to pay if you want to exit.

The current budget cycle ends in 2020 and we will still be in a transition period paying contributions under the deal on offer.  You don't continue paying your mortgage after the end of the 25 years or what ever length of time your mortgage was for.

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

What happens if May can’t get her deal through Parliament?  Does she step down and someone else in her party take over or will there be a General Election?

It wont go through parliament , that is certain . I would guess she then has no choice but to go, if she wont resign , ive no idea what happens. 

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

The current budget cycle ends in 2020 and we will still be in a transition period paying contributions under the deal on offer.  You don't continue paying your mortgage after the end of the 25 years or what ever length of time your mortgage was for.

OK.Forget the examples.Lets keep it simple.

Just understand that if you sign up to agreements there is a penalty to pay when you negotiate your way out of them either for the U.K. or for individuals.

26 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Order about 3000 water cannons? Now, where are the keys to the ones BoJo the clown bought? That would be a start. Oh hang on.  :suspect:

Remind me - BoJo thought water cannons were a good idea  but turned out to be idiotic - what else did he think was a good idea?

6 hours ago, woodview said:

Because you can trade freely with other countries without all the other stuff. i.e Canada and Japan have done so.

Also remeber they are getting to use our pool too.

Except, Canada and Japan don't, really. They trade on better terms for some goods, than non-FTA'd countries. Not for all goods, and not for any services, though.

To continue (reboot?) your analogy, they have access to the pool building, they can use some of the facilities, and they'll eventually be allowed in the kiddie pool. But the olympic one is permanently off-limits.

The UK's economy is 80% services. Draw your own conclusions.

45 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Remind me - BoJo thought water cannons were a good idea  but turned out to be idiotic - what else did he think was a good idea?

BoJo is facing a private prosecution over his "£350m a week" good idea.