The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

55 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I agree with every word of your post. 

I agree with mostly what you have written. The point I am making is unless legislation is introduced by the ruling party then the UK will leave the EU without a deal, if Parliament vote against Mrs May's withdrawal agreement.  

Legislation to prevent no deal could be passed very quickly, in days

52 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Leave would win again if fresh referendum held on Brexit, Diane Abbott says.

The first time I have EVER agreed with anything Diane Abbott has said.

Angel1.

36 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

VOTE AGAIN poor people!

You got it wrong last time. A lot of very wealthy folks won't make nearly as much money now, thanks to you not doing as you were told!

Agree 100%, well said.

Angel1.

34 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Not without the authority of the ruling party.

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The first time I have EVER agreed with anything Diane Abbott has said.

You might agree with her but she is wrong. If the UK people are asked to vote again so soon after the 2016 referendum then the result will be reversed.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

VOTE AGAIN poor people!

You got it wrong last time. A lot of very wealthy folks won't make nearly as much money now, thanks to you not doing as you were told!

AKA we're frickin useless, can you vote so we don't actually have to do what we were told to and are paid for? If it came to that, they should all resign and not be eligible to re-stand.

Nearly 2 years of doing sod all, then sorting out the details with 1 and half days to go. Utter rubbish.

Edited by woodview

The Brexometer was out up in Woodseats today with people choosing how or whether we should leave and who should have the final say.

it was I’d say 65% for no Brexit and a peoples vote.

no deal next, then Mays deal

It was close to what the polls are indicating

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

The Brexometer was out up in Woodseats today with people choosing how or whether we should leave and who should have the final say.

it was I’d say 65% for no Brexit and a peoples vote.

no deal next, then Mays deal

It was close to what the polls are indicating

How does this 'peoples vote' differ from the referendum we had two years ago? Apart from the re-branding to make it sound cool, I mean.

2 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

The reverse is true. US and UK lobbyists who want less regulation and more open markets (in, for example, healthcare and education) lent considerable resources to securing a leave vote. That is established fact.

But its also a fact that US banks were heavily involved with Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan donating £500,000 each to the Britain Stronger in Europe campaign before the time limit that donations had to be declared thus making sure they didn't get counted, as did others before that time.  Other donations also came from Morgan Stanley the  French Airbus and Eurostar.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

No it couldn't. If the deal is not accepted parliament cannot stop a no deal scenario as A50 will still happen.

22 minutes ago, woodview said:

How does this 'peoples vote' differ from the referendum we had two years ago? Apart from the re-branding to make it sound cool, I mean.

It’s a more informed choice, and therefore more democratic

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

No it couldn't. If the deal is not accepted parliament cannot stop a no deal scenario as A50 will still happen.

Er, yes it can. A50 can be withdrawn at any time

15 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s a more informed choice, and therefore more democratic

Er, yes it can. A50 can be withdrawn at any time

No it cant as the ECJ has yet to rule on whether it can be unilaterally withdrawn, until then it stands..

Edited by apelike