The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

42 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

No it’s not about selfishness. It’s about what is best for the U.K.

But you previously stated:

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

I’m a British citizen with no right to citizenship of any other EU country. Effectively I’m having some of my economic and human rights removed. On top of it I’m paying through the nose to support my kids abroad because of the crash in Sterling. Documentation and passports for wife and kids has already cost me nearly a grand.

Im just one example, by no means the worst but the impact has been massive for our family.

Sounds like it is more personal than you like to make out. Just like many on here who are also complaining but do it under the guise of "it will hurt the poor most" instead of just being honest. Just what economic and human rights are you/will you get stripped of?

2 hours ago, L00b said:

The CJEU is in session and hearing the Article 50 referral case from the Scottish Court this morning.

Nobody’s yet argued that the notice cannot be withdrawn, 

No because that is not how it goes. The argument is about whether the UK can unilaterally revoke its A50 request to leave the EU and any ruling will be made on that basis.

Edited by apelike

Grimsby, which voted 70% in favour of leaving the EU, now wants special concessions regarding the sea food trade that will be massively damaged by leaving the EU.

And yet car boot and lockdoctor get upset when we claim that people didn't know what they were voting for and frankly aren't very clever!

If it wasn't for the fact that these idiots are dragging 48% of the country down with them, I'd say cut them loose, let them get on with it, they've made their bed, etc, etc...  Unfortunately 48% of didn't make this bed and I have no interest in lying in someone else monumental **** up.

31 minutes ago, apelike said:

Sounds like it is more personal than you like to make out. Just like many on here who are also complaining but do it under the guise of "it will hurt the poor most" instead of just being honest. Just what economic and human rights are you/will you get stripped of?

No because that is not how it goes. The argument is about whether the UK can unilaterally revoke its A50 request to leave the EU and any ruling will be made on that basis.

You demand examples of what harm is being caused, so people give personal examples.

You then attempt to use these personal examples of harm to show that this is selfishness on their part and that they're not interested in the bigger picture.

If someone doesn't give examples though, you declare that it's because no harm is being caused.

You're as transparent as a pane of glass.

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Grimsby, which voted 70% in favour of leaving the EU, now wants special concessions regarding the sea food trade that will be massively damaged by leaving the EU.

And yet car boot and lockdoctor get upset when we claim that people didn't know what they were voting for and frankly aren't very clever!

If it wasn't for the fact that these idiots are dragging 48% of the country down with them, I'd say cut them loose, let them get on with it, they've made their bed, etc, etc...  Unfortunately 48% of didn't make this bed and I have no interest in lying in someone else monumental **** up.

What concessions are they looking for?

Grimsby residents branded 'idiots' for Brexit vote as seafood industry seeks free trade deal

Remain supporters have taken to social media to accuse Grimsby Leave voters of 'double standards' as the seafood industry calls for Grimsby and Immingham ports to be given free trade status post-Brexit

They're looking for free trade, having voted to leave the free trade organisation we are already members of.

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

It might sound like that but it’s not.

My background is growing up poor in a region that was trashed by the Tories in the 80s. Plenty of people I know personally voted leave. A lot. Not one of them has a coherent argument why they did it. Some of them getting jittery now though

Leaving the EU is a part of the British Class Struggle.

The mostly affluent and wealthy Remain voters becoming ever more desperate to keep their advantages and privileges.

The mostly poorer, hitherto ignored but now abused, second class Leave voters bravely standing up for their democratic rights against the might of the Establishment.

The Leave Workers V the Remain Bankers and their allies. Class war has begun. Not a moment too soon.

15 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

They're looking for free trade, having voted to leave the free trade organisation we are already members of.

Isn't the current situation deal, being in the CU, follwed by a free trade deal, as outlined in the political declaration?

So what special concessions are they looking for?

5 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Leaving the EU is a part of the British Class Struggle.

The mostly affluent and wealthy Remain voters becoming ever more desperate to keep their advantages and privileges.

The mostly poorer, hitherto ignored but now abused, second class Leave voters bravely standing up for their democratic rights against the might of the Establishment.

The Leave Workers V the Remain Bankers and their allies. Class war has begun. Not a moment too soon.

Our ex-chancellor Osborne, 'warned' what would happen, then left to work for Blackrock on £650k per year for 1 day per week. He was far from happy that people had rejected his global capitalist goals, but comforted himself in his new job.

19 minutes ago, woodview said:

Isn't the current situation deal, being in the CU, follwed by a free trade deal, as outlined in the political declaration?

So what special concessions are they looking for?

Our ex-chancellor Osborne, 'warned' what would happen, then left to work for Blackrock on £650k per year for 1 day per week. He was far from happy that people had rejected his global capitalist goals, but comforted himself in his new job.

We need to elect a different, progressive government and to leave the EU.

Two battles, the same anti-neoliberal war.

16 hours ago, Magilla said:

Oh dear, are you really going to pretend you never saw any :rolleyes: Delusion personified.

There's nothing cool about impoverishing the nation and reducing the rights of the citizens of the UK :rolleyes:.. and Car Boot is the lefty here :hihi:

You and Car Boot should get a room. Clearly, you have a lot in common :hihi:

Your view that being a member of the EU automatically equates to affluence for the working classes of its member states is a very strange one.

Since the referendum unemployment has fallen and wages have started rising faster than inflation. The government recently heralded it as the start of a new period of increasing pay. 

The fact is the people who benefit the most from our EU membership are not the people at the bottom of society. The rich and the well off middle classes are moaning because they know their days of privilege and advantage are coming to an end. Not before time.

Edited by Car Boot

21 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're cognitive distortion and hatred towards the Pro Brexiteers is embarrassing.  If the whole country had united after the EU referendum result and all those MPs in Parliament, who voted in favour of holding the EU referendum had respected the result the democratic UK people delivered, then there would be a much more favourable withdrawal agreement on offer from the EU.  The Pro Brexiteers aren't to blame for the current situation we face, but people who share the same mindset as you, who don't respect democracy are to blame.

What difference would it make..what would be on offer now?

18 hours ago, woodview said:

Aaah if all else fails, pull out the racist / xenophobic card, that usually works to keep people quiet.

No they weren't on parity. One was a state funded lie machine, hell bent on keeping the global capitalist gravy train train on its tracks. Don't you mind government funded deceitful propaganda? I'd have thought you'd take a dim view of it.

Still your can't-do-wrong poster boy Osborne, has done alright since being sacked, scraping by on his £650k from blackrock for a day a week hard graft. Quite the peoples man.

Strange how you think it's a " global capitalist gravy train" ..why are Reemogg et al so intent on us leaving?

19 minutes ago, truman said:

What difference would it make..what would be on offer now?

Strange how you think it's a " global capitalist gravy train" ..why are Reemogg et al so intent on us leaving?

It is common knowledge that the overwhelming vast majority of the big business and international finance establishment backed Remain.

Are you seriously denying this?

Edited by Car Boot