The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

Last night i watched some of the PMQs, i used to think he was intelligent and interesting......tbh i found him in that childish, it was so babyish. Like you said the most important thing to affect us and all he did was poo poo the deal, just to poo poo it, there was no ideas from labour, there was nothing to note in opposition, just poo pooing for the sake of it. The debate will be the same, absolutely nothing of note or interest or importance

which is why he'd sooner watch the i'm a celebrity final................

16 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

which is why he'd sooner watch the i'm a celebrity final................

exactly, and why i think labour are a complete waste of space on the subject of brexit and WONT win a GE because theres just nothing of an opposition about them, i say this sadly as i hate the tories and their consistant dragging down of the general populace :(

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

exactly, and why i think labour are a complete waste of space on the subject of brexit and WONT win a GE because theres just nothing of an opposition about them, i say this sadly as i hate the tories and their consistant dragging down of the general populace :(

If they back remain they’ll win a GE. If they are wishy-washy about it their vote will be split across the Greens and LibDems. 

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

If they back remain they’ll win a GE. If they are wishy-washy about it their vote will be split across the Greens and LibDems. 

Ive said all along, Labour should come out and be a proper opposition to the tories, and brexit and try and grab the remain voters and any that have swapped sides, but they wont, they havent, they havent done anything at all apart from like i said, very babyish ner ner ner stuff.

44 minutes ago, ads36 said:

what's the point of a tv debate - if we're not going to vote afterwards?

it's completely pointless. 

You've hit the nail on head.  However, we have a Prime Minister who is discredited and knows there is a big possibility she will lose the vote in Parliament. The reason why there is a TV debate is for our Prime Minister to use the knowledge /information  gained in the TV debate to decide her decision what to do next, if she loses the vote in Parliament about the EU  Draft  Withdrawal Agreement.  

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You've hit the nail on head.  However, we have a Prime Minister who is discredited and knows there is a big possibility she will lose the vote in Parliament. The reason why there is a TV debate is for our Prime Minister to use the knowledge /information  gained in the TV debate to decide her decision what to do next, if she loses the vote in Parliament about the EU  Draft  Withdrawal Agreement.  

i'm not sure what information she'd get from a debate which she doesn't already know.

if we take the position that the deal is basically it and that parliament wont allow a no deal exit, then there isn't an alternative other than parliament passing the deal. maybe an alternative of eea/efta might squeak through  or parliament could just chicken out and go for a referendum on deal or no deal. 

replacing May as leader doesn't help (which is why they haven't done it), as it wont change the deal or the mind of parliament.

a general election on a single issue is never a good thing, even assuming the winner got enough of a majority to force an answer through they will assume that the rest of their program is equally acceptable  and try and get that through.

a government of national unity, could only do one thing and that is pass the deal, but i dont think the personalities are there to do that and corbyn will be well aware of what happened to ramsay macdonald.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Ive said all along, Labour should come out and be a proper opposition to the tories, and brexit and try and grab the remain voters and any that have swapped sides, but they wont, they havent, they havent done anything at all apart from like i said, very babyish ner ner ner stuff.

an opposition shouldn't just say the opposite, and anyway, there are a siginificant number of labour voters

31 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

i'm not sure what information she'd get from a debate which she doesn't already know.

if we take the position that the deal is basically it and that parliament wont allow a no deal exit, then there isn't an alternative other than parliament passing the deal. maybe an alternative of eea/efta might squeak through  or parliament could just chicken out and go for a referendum on deal or no deal. 

replacing May as leader doesn't help (which is why they haven't done it), as it wont change the deal or the mind of parliament.

a general election on a single issue is never a good thing, even assuming the winner got enough of a majority to force an answer through they will assume that the rest of their program is equally acceptable  and try and get that through.

a government of national unity, could only do one thing and that is pass the deal, but i dont think the personalities are there to do that and corbyn will be well aware of what happened to ramsay macdonald.

A sensible post

My personal thoughts are that a change of Prime Minister is more likely to result in the EU agreeing to renegotiate with the UK about the withdrawal agreement. There isn't going to be a General Election before the end of the current fixed term Parliament because the Tory MPs are not turkeys who will risk voting for Christmas. A Tory leadership election can be completed within a few weeks, if the candidate who is second after the Tory MPs have selected the final two candidates withdraws from the contest like Andrea Leadsom did last time.  

Replacing Mrs May as leader could very well be the trump card the UK can play to obtain a more favourable deal with the EU rather than leave without a no deal which is clearly the best option available at the moment.

Edited by Lockdoctor

53 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

A sensible post

My personal thoughts are that a change of Prime Minister is more likely to result in the EU agreeing to renegotiate with the UK about the withdrawal agreement. There isn't going to be a General Election before the end of the current fixed term Parliament because the Tory MPs are not turkeys who will risk voting for Christmas. A Tory leadership election can be completed within a few weeks, if the candidate who is second after the Tory MPs have selected the final two candidates withdraws from the contest like Andrea Leadsom did last time.  

Replacing Mrs May as leader could very well be the trump card the UK can play to obtain a more favourable deal with the EU rather than leave without a no deal which is clearly the best option available at the moment.

you really do talk crap, why would the EU renegotiate after two years of "negotiating"? just because of a change in tory leadership?