The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 hour ago, taxman said:

Her track record of giving people high office isn't exactly a good one. Johnson, Davies, Rabb, Failing Grayling.....

Your point makes no sense because Johnson, Davis and Raab haven't been sacked, but all resigned because they didn't agree with the way  Mrs May was negotiating Brexit.  

14 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I respect the high office Andrea Leadsom  has been given by our Prime Minister.

Wasn't she given the cabinet position in return for withdrawing from the leadership race?

Also for the last 18 months, positions have been handed out primarily to maintain the Leave/Remain balance in the cabinet, rather than merit.

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Wasn't she given the cabinet position in return for withdrawing from the leadership race?

I thought she dropped out because of the flack she got for something she said?

A source close to the energy minister told BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg "the abuse has been too great" for Mrs Leadsom during the contest.

Mrs Leadsom had apologised to Mrs May on Monday after suggesting in a weekend newspaper interview that being a mother made her a better candidate for the job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

So his company does have an address. Thanks Apelike for being ahead of national media.

What’s the address?

I dont know what the address or whether there is one and neither will the investigators until it is fully investigated. Until the case goes to court and is proven it is still an "alleged" infringement of the law despite what may be reported by national media, or rather trial by national media.

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Also for the last 18 months, positions have been handed out primarily to maintain the Leave/Remain balance in the cabinet, rather than merit.

I think Andrea Leadsom withdraw from the leadership race because she knew  she was going to lose to Mrs May.   I seem to remember Andrea Leadsom making a comment about Mrs May not having any children which didn't go down well.

You make a fair point about  the Leave/Remain balance in the cabinet but that doesn't mean the people chosen are not there on merit.

20 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I thought she dropped out because of the flack she got for something she said?

She lost a lot of support after she made the comment about Teresa May not having children but she also knew that the story about her 'misleading' CV was about to break. My understanding was that one of the conditions of her standing down was that she'd be given a cabinet position.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I dont know what the address or whether there is one and neither will the investigators until it is fully investigated. Until the case goes to court and is proven it is still an "alleged" infringement of the law despite what may be reported by national media, or rather trial by national media.

In that case Brexit should be paused until we know the truth. This looks to be the biggest financial irregularity in electoral history. If the boot was on the other foot the likes of Farage would be screaming blue murder

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I think Andrea Leadsom withdraw from the leadership race because she knew  she was going to lose to Mrs May.   I seem to remember Andrea Leadsom making a comment about Mrs May not having any children which didn't go down well.

You make a fair point about  the Leave/Remain balance in the cabinet but that doesn't mean the people chosen are not there on merit.

She withdrew because her history and views made it impossible for her to win

Edited by I1L2T3

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

She withdrew because her history and views made it impossible for her to win

At the time Mrs May was the logical choice to become Tory leader and Prime Minister . I agree Andrea Leadsom knew in 2016 she wasn't going to win but now she would have an excellent chance of winning a Tory leadership contest and becoming our country's third female Prime Minister.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

which Lockdoctor loves, just like the Views and actions of the DUP :roll:

The DUP have only acted in the best interest of  all the UK people who voted to leave the EU, the Union and the people of Northern Ireland.