The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

2 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Pro eu Macron is done for, come the next elections it looks very rosy for Le pen who is against the eu.

No chance of Miss Piggy being elected or France leaving the EU. None of the protesters have even mentioned leaving the EU - and the vast majority disillusioned with Macron wouldn't touch Le Pen with a bargepole.

Edited by Longcol

7 hours ago, apelike said:

Why would the troubles return because of a hard border? Sorry but I just dont understand the logic.

I seriously cant believe you posted  that and you were allowed to vote in a referendum that will trash peoples lives? Seriously, if you dont mind me asking? how old are you? about 8?

3 hours ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

More interested in this country to be honest.

But have OPEN BORDERS - invite in any Tom, Dick or Harry and things will go wrong (and they are doing)

Hence voters turning to the right.

The EU is doomed.

The sooner we get out with a clean break, the better we will be as a country.

The EU is being run by very dangerous people.

We should get out of their project pronto.

We have a mandate to get out, 17.4M gave that snippet of advice to our Politicians.

They should have the courage to leave with a No Deal.

You are so blinkered and i'll informed its untrue, I cant get my t*ts on reading some of these post's. you ain't going to trash this country mate, it won't happen , you wait and see. 

9 hours ago, woodview said:

Or, you can get one just as good, that costs nothing that comes from Canada 😀

Well yeah, except it's not as good & it isn't free (in that it's completely unsuitable for our economy as it stands now)... unlike Norway.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

Why would the troubles return because of a hard border? Sorry but I just dont understand the logic.

So much for an "informed electorate" :rolleyes:

Edited by Magilla

3 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Pro eu Macron is done for, come the next elections it looks very rosy for Le pen who is against the eu.

How? People voted against Le Pen in their droves, it was almost a complete wipeout.

They may not like Macron that much, but when push comes to shove they like Le Pen even less.

There's no evidence the dislike of Macron will reflect poorly on the EU, quite the opposite, Brexit and Trump have caused a significant upswing in favourability towards EU membership in member states. It's more popular than ever!

16 minutes ago, woodview said:

It's close enough.

No, it really isn't:

No free movement of goods (goodbye JIT supply chains).

Guarantees hard border in N.I.

Very limited services options.

It's entirely unsuitable.

Norway isn't an acceptable option, it's just BRINO.

Not really, we'd be leaving the EU and it was indeed one of the many options touted by the leave campaigns as a successful outcome during the referendum.

EFTA membership was supported by the official leave campaign, it was the only option their predictions showed *wouldn't* be a disaster for the UK economy.

Edited by Magilla

14 hours ago, L00b said:

That's one of the several reasons why UK SMEs and not-so-SM UK Es have, and continue to, relocate (or be relocated by their foreign parent) to the EU27; and why UK-based companies are being gradually taken off their EU27 client's supplier lists.

One of our clients, an AV provider to events and exhibitions, has hastily opened a Barcelona office through which to conduct European Business. Costly.

2 hours ago, Dardandec said:

I seriously cant believe you posted  that and you were allowed to vote in a referendum that will trash peoples lives? Seriously, if you dont mind me asking? how old are you? about 8?

I don't mind you asking at all! I am old enough to ask you and others why a hard border in Ireland will cause the past troubles in Ireland to suddenly erupt again, and so far no one here has given any satisfactory answer to that at all other than "they will." I very much doubt you can either hence the bitter rapport from you. 

So lets get to the point.. why do you think the past troubles will start again if there is a hard border? You don't have to be too precise just good enough for an 8 year old to understand.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I don't mind you asking at all! I am old enough to ask you and others why a hard border in Ireland will cause the past troubles in Ireland to suddenly erupt again, and so far no one here has given any satisfactory answer to that at all other than "they will." I very much doubt you can either hence the bitter rapport from you. 

So lets get to the point.. why do you think the past troubles will start again if there is a hard border? You don't have to be too precise just good enough for an 8 year old to understand.

The troubles had their roots in a desire for a United Ireland. In many ways it is now united, with a more or less seamless economy, free travel between north and south, and social and cultural ties increasing, and most importantly peace.

the GFA and the structure of the EU facilitate that.  Brexiters would trash both. Once you introduce barriers you risk stoking demands for a united Ireland again. 

Anybody see the armoured vehicles on the streets of Paris yesterday with the EU flag on them ?

And some people want to stay in this organisation.

As I said in a previous post, these are very dangerous people. Anti democratic, an organisation that's almost impossible to leave.

Surely we are better off leaving ?

37 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

Anybody see the armoured vehicles on the streets of Paris yesterday with the EU flag on them ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Gendarmerie_Force

And some people want to stay in this organisation.

Of course, some people aren't fooled by silly conspiracy theories.

I say "some" people:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/420381-trump-says-paris-climate-deal-isnt-working-out-for-paris-citing

Did you hear the people surrounding these vehicles shouting "We Want Trump!" too? :hihi:

As I said in a previous post, these are very dangerous people. Anti democratic, an organisation that's almost impossible to leave.

Surely we are better off leaving ?

It's not impossible to leave, we are leaving!

Any difficultly has been entirely as a result of UK arrogance/intransigence... "all the benefits with none of the obligations" wasn't it?

There's absolutely nothing stopping the UK walking away, other than the obvious stupidity of doing so.

Edited by Magilla