The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

50 minutes ago, helloitsonly said:

once we leave we dont need to negotiate with the EU, there is a big world out there to trade with? europe exports far more to us than we export to them. in the words of Dennis Skinner you remainers are FRIT!

Is there? The world GDP (Ie. all the value in economic terms) is 135 trillion, China, the EU, US and India account for 78 trillion, that leaves under 60 trillion, but the EU already has (free) trade agreements in place or is in negotiation with China, India, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey, South Korea, Canada, Thailand, Egypt and many others... that is about 30 trillion of that 60. How is the UK going to make money out of the remaining 30 trillion in your opinion? 

You're in a bubble of ignorance about the state of the world, if that means I am frit, whatever that may be, than so be it.

50 minutes ago, helloitsonly said:

Pasacal Lamy was only DG up until sept 1st 2013!! its 2018?

as for shoes there are protectionist tariffs in place and also for chemicals or are you being selective?

i am sure it does but at least we can negotiate for ourselves? 

So the view of the former boss of the WTO carries no weight. Right........... 

I guess he’s one of those pesky foreigners too

But, any comment on his views about being in division 4 of the WTO?

As for shoes go to Wynsors world of shoes or shoezone. No shortage whatsoever of shoes made in the Far East.

1 hour ago, helloitsonly said:

i dont know about division 4? would like to see that interview? got a link?

yes we do trade with the rest of the world but we are constrained by the EU on many things and many countries, protectionist industries for one?? shoes italy ,chemicals germany etc etc

Protectionist eh? just wait till we start "negotiating" with old orangehead Donald, we'll get lots of things :roll: as for great british shoes, arent Dr Martins still sold all over the world?

2 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

Oh good, a leadership challenge.

That's a nice distraction from the matter in hand....;)

We changed our leader in 1940 when there were more pressing matters in hand than today.   We will know tonight whether we are going to have a new Prime Minister.

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

We changed our leader in 1940 when there were more pressing matters in hand than today.   We will know tonight whether we are going to have a new Prime Minister.

Hopefully we will get a new one, and not an ERG raving looney

I voted Leave in the June 2016 People's Vote to give the poor a pay rise and it seems this is exactly what has happened.

I sincerely believe that if I had voted for the status quo, for Remain, I would have given Goldman Sachs a pay rise. But I could never support the EU gravy train.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

So the view of the former boss of the WTO carries no weight. Right........... 

I guess he’s one of those pesky foreigners too

But, any comment on his views about being in division 4 of the WTO?

As for shoes go to Wynsors world of shoes or shoezone. No shortage whatsoever of shoes made in the Far East.

5 years ago so hardly up to speed with how things are? not a lot of weight hes pro europe also as well as a pesky frog!

views yes out of date and out of the loop.

wynsors or shoezone shoes er no thanks would rather my Grensons or Italian shoes, i dont mind paying the extra for quality but you knock yourself out at Wynsors you will be in good company👍

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I voted Leave in the June 2016 People's Vote to give the poor a pay rise and it seems this is exactly what has happened.

I sincerely believe that if I had voted for the status quo, for Remain, I would have given Goldman Sachs a pay rise. But I could never support the EU gravy train.

Not got much left have you...

Just now, helloitsonly said:

5 years ago so hardly up to speed with how things are? not a lot of weight hes pro europe also as well as a pesky frog!

views yes out of date and out of the loop.

wynsors or shoezone shoes er no thanks would rather my Grensons or Italian shoes, i dont mind paying the extra for quality but you knock yourself out at Wynsors you will be in good company👍

Get real. Lamy is one of the most respected voices on world trade. You’re talking utter twaddle

The point about the shoes is nobody is stopping imports of shoes from outside the EU. If you like Italian shoes then with Brexit they’re going to cost you more. You seem confused.