The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

10 minutes ago, bendix said:

Perhaps, but there is a difference between being noisy and being successful.    They have jumped the gun twice now, and are playing an absolutely appalling strategic game, which I suppose is inevitable given the lack of leadership they have.  They are just a small noisy minority mob.  Let the wail and moan; the outcome of all this is pretty much nailed on imho.

As I stated May’s deal turns their current mythical belief of an EU subjugating the U.K. into a hard reality.

Trust me, they will get even stronger and grow in number.

May’s deal if it is approved guarantees it

12 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

As I stated May’s deal turns their current mythical belief of an EU subjugating the U.K. into a hard reality.

Trust me, they will get even stronger and grow in number.

May’s deal if it is approved guarantees it

Of course it does.  And she knows that.  And she knows it won't be approved.

THAT is the strategy.  

That then creates political stalemate, a deferment of Article 50 for another 6-12 months and then another People's Vote to get out of the impasse once and for all.

1 minute ago, bendix said:

Of course it does.  And she knows that.  And she knows it won't be approved.

THAT is the strategy.  

That then creates political stalemate, a deferment of Article 50 for another 6-12 months and then another People's Vote to get out of the impasse once and for all.

That is the only way to nullify them. Agreed.

11 minutes ago, bendix said:

People's Vote to get out of the impasse once and for all.

or we still wanna go and the whole game begins again.  Unless all that is asked is do you want a no deal brexit, yes/no.

Edited by geared

8 minutes ago, geared said:

or we still wanna go and the whole game begins again.  Unless all that is asked is do you want a no deal brexit, yes/no.

By that time the demographics are against a leave win. Well over 2 million of the original leave voters would be dead by then.

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

By that time the demographics are against a leave win. Well over 2 million of the original leave voters would be dead by then.

Don't you think dead peoples votes deserve to be respected?  Surely the people who voted to leave and  were approaching the end of their lives did so because they thought leaving the EU would be in the in the best interest of their children and  grandchildren.

15 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Don't you think dead peoples votes deserve to be respected?  Surely the people who voted to leave and  were approaching the end of their lives did so because they thought leaving the EU would be in the in the best interest of their children and  grandchildren.

Don't be stupid!

They won't be around to suffer the effects so why does it matter one bit? Very few older leave voters voted in the interests of their children and grandchildren. I suspect that most of them were thinking of the past, not the future.

19 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

How the dead voted no longer counts it's hardly going to bother them. Not all older people voted leave my 90 year old gran voted remain the reason why was she thought it was in  best interests for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren future.  Nothing is open and shut in politics.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don't be stupid!

They won't be around to suffer the effects so why does it matter one bit? Very few older leave voters voted in the interests of their children and grandchildren. I suspect that most of them were thinking of the past, not the future.

Okay, so following your logic then a persons last will and testament shouldn't be honoured because they wont be around.  Shameful.