The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

22 minutes ago, AntiBrexit said:

How the dead voted no longer counts it's hardly going to bother them. Not all older people voted leave my 90 year old gran voted remain the reason why was she thought it was in  best interests for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren future.  Nothing is open and shut in politics.

Good for her, so did I though I've still got (I hope) a long way to go yet till I'm 90.

25 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Okay, so following your logic then a persons last will and testament shouldn't be honoured because they wont be around.  Shameful.

You do talk a load of rubbish

26 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Okay, so following your logic then a persons last will and testament shouldn't be honoured because they wont be around.  Shameful.

A last will and testament usually only affects those close to the deceased and it always a positive thing (giving stuff away)

A person's vote on a national matter affects everybody who is around to suffer those effects.

Two completely different things!

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

You don't bequeath a vote, it's not something you pass on to the next generation :loopy:

You've lost the plot. Everybody young or old who voted in the 2016 EU referendum  made a choice  which would affect the next generation  according to David Cameron, who was the architect of the democratic EU referendum vote.

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A last will and testament usually only affects those close to the deceased and it always a positive thing (giving stuff away)

A person's vote on a national matter affects everybody who is around to suffer those effects.

Two completely different things!

Not at all everybody who voted in the 2016 EU referendum were made well aware their choice would affect  future generations.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don't be stupid!

They won't be around to suffer the effects so why does it matter one bit? Very few older leave voters voted in the interests of their children and grandchildren. I suspect that most of them were thinking of the past, not the future.

How do you know? You only say you suspect it in the next line.

In any case, what's wrong with using knowledge of the past? If anything, learning from the past is considered important and generally encouraged.

6 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

How do you know? You only say you suspect it in the next line.

In any case, what's wrong with using knowledge of the past? If anything, learning from the past is considered important and generally encouraged.

And that’s why Winston Churchill was so in favour of a United Europe having seen the carnage resulting from nationalism.

We have had 40 years of bringing down the man made borders,but it seems that now we have voted to go back to our insular past.

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Wanting to return to the past it is not learning  from the past, it is refusing to learn from the past! :suspect:

Where did I say they wanted to return to the past? You make up what you want to read, you do.

Suspicions of why people voted, and written as facts.

Dodgy logic with your figures in numerous posts.

Misquoting people.

Is there anything that you don't criticise others for, but do yourself?

I wrote:

----

8 minutes ago, RJRB said:

And that’s why Winston Churchill was so in favour of a United Europe having seen the carnage resulting from nationalism.

We have had 40 years of bringing down the man made borders,but it seems that now we have voted to go back to our insular past.

Bold: And he was right? Are you assuming I agree with that? I don't know why you quoted this to me.

Going way off topic here, but having a few huge powers (which WWII created) wasn't exactly ideal was it?

People in Europe are very different (prices for one thing, hence why I was against us joining the Euro), and to unite all as one, thinking it will end all wars/or conflict (whether political of financial) is as naive as the people who wrote the Treat of Versailles, which in turn was a naive as the people who thought WWI would be a quick a simple conflict to iron out a few borders.

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

You didn't.

It was said by many old people themselves in the numerous surveys and polls done on voting reasons after the referendum.

What, that they wanted to 'return to the past', or they were using their experience of the past to influence their vote on the future?