The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Okay, so following your logic then a persons last will and testament shouldn't be honoured because they wont be around.  Shameful.

Depends on the will.  If it is sufficently stupid, we have the courts to resolve the matter.  Or do you not believe in our legal system?  How narrow minded of you.

14 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

What, that they wanted to 'return to the past', or they were using their experience of the past to influence their vote on the future?

They were using a sentimental, rose tinted view of the past to support something that they thought would take the whole country  back there.

That is certainly not voting in the interests of the children and grandchildren.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

You've lost the plot.

I'm not the one suggesting the views of dead people should be taken into consideration! :loopy:

Everybody young or old who voted in the 2016 EU referendum  made a choice  which would affect the next generation  according to David Cameron, who was the architect of the democratic EU referendum vote.

Hence Brexit has split families and society along generational lines.

Not at all everybody who voted in the 2016 EU referendum were made well aware their choice would affect  future generations.

Gibberish :?

Edited by Magilla

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They were using a sentimental, rose tinted view of the past to support something that they thought would take the whole country  back there.

What a load of rubbish.

You and the rest of the 10-15 'SF brexit bullies' who have practically finished the forum off,  could learn something from this dialogue. 

If someone wrote such a subjective generalisation on something like race or religion they would be considered as worthless views from a racist xenophobe.

People like you, have become the people that you hate - and importantly you can't see it.

I've always said far left and far right are so close to being practically the same thing, and posts like yours prove my point.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That is certainly not voting in the interests of the children and grandchildren.

This is nothing but a total disrespect for every old person. People who have seen different parties, different world events and different social ideals, and flushing them down the toilet. Well done.

I expect the rest of the SF brigade will soon follow.

8 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

What a load of rubbish.

You and the rest of the 10-15 'SF brexit bullies' who have practically finished the forum off,  could learn something from this dialogue. 

If someone wrote such a subjective generalisation on something like race or religion they would be considered as worthless views from a racist xenophobe.

People like you, have become the people that you hate - and importantly you can't see it.

I've always said far left and far right are so close to being practically the same thing, and posts like yours prove my point.

This is nothing but a total disrespect for every old person. People who have seen different parties, different world events and different social ideals, and flushing them down the toilet. Well done.

I expect the rest of the SF brigade will soon follow.

Do you actually know the difference between left and right?  Genuine question.

Second referendum incoming!

31 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you seriously suggesting that every old person voted to leave the EU?

It was you who said they. You generalised.

Your word games are no more interesting, or convincing than your numerical games.

-

Come on, show me the stats that you are trying to fall for, that's what it boils down to. I'm open to reading it.

Your claim: below:

It was said by many old people themselves in the numerous surveys and polls done on voting reasons after the referendum.

What, that they wanted to 'return to the past', or they were using their experience of the past to influence their vote on the future

Above: my response.

(not got hang of quotes yet on new software)

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

This is nothing but a total disrespect for every old person.

No, it was definitely you who said it.

And on the subject of ruining this thread, it is supposed to be a discussion of the Consequences of Brexit. Ninety percent plus of the thread has been people posting news of the many negative effects of a decision to leave the EU  and instead of challenging them, leave supporters just shout 'Project Fear!'

Then when it became obvious that pretty much everyone outside the 'Brexit bubble' thought that leaving the EU would leave the UK worse off we got a grudging 'Yes well it will take a few years for the benefits to come through'. Now when even the government's own reports say all Brexits will hit the UK hard and a no deal 'leave means leave!' Brexit will be a total disaster for the UK, all we get is "Well the people voted for it so what will be will be".

In the many thousands of posts on this thread there has not been a single one which outlines a serious economic argument for leaving the EU.

If I've missed it feel free to quote it for me.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In the many thousands of posts on this thread there has not been a single one which outlines a serious economic argument for leaving the EU.

That's probably because the economics of it was not the main reasons why most people voted leave, it certainly didn't factor in why I voted leave.