The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

32 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Probably not better off immediately, but at least we would be free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks.

Angel1.

That sounds deranged. You can’t seriously believe that surely? The German Boot? 

13 minutes ago, truman said:

Surprise,,Rees-Mogg thinks we'll be better off.. I think he means HE'LL be better off.. and in the Express...who'd ha' thunk it?

No surprise you mention Rees Mogg  and ignore the fact  ......

Respected economic experts say Britain has a once in a lifetime opportunity to seize the chance to lead international trade.

55 minutes ago, L00b said:

Who’s that? Branson? I though you meant Dyson :D 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/10376341/Ive-been-a-tax-exile-for-seven-years-says-Branson.html

having sold up his property estates cheap to his kids, he then gave up his residency status.

However he keeps popping over here, to give his faux Union Jack suit and hat a parade.

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

That sounds deranged. You can’t seriously believe that surely? The German Boot? 

I don't mind you criticising my post, but please post the full quote, not an abridged version to suit your argument.

" free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks. "

Angel1.

And if you choose to believe that the golden days of British manufacturing are in

front of us then you would fall for the three card trick.

The same people have never supported our own ailing industries and the developing world develops because it manufactures and exports its own products.

The increased wealth of these countries does lead to their desire and ability to purchase luxury items,but as for the bulk of consumer goods....forget it.

Brexit negotiations apart,any major project coming under government control almost invariably runs well over budget and the envisaged time scale.

Place your faith in the majority of business leaders who know that a No Deal Brexit would have severe impact for years to come.

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

No surprise you mention Rees Mogg  and ignore the fact  ......

Respected economic experts say Britain has a once in a lifetime opportunity to seize the chance to lead international trade.

Would that be economists respected by the Express?

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I don't mind you criticising my post, but please post the full quote, not an abridged version to suit your argument.

" free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks. "

Angel1.

Do you beleive the bit about the German Boot?  Do you think that is relevant now?

Edited by truman

34 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

Truman asked for a report this is from JACOB REES MOG FFS

The report was  published by Economists for Free Trade.  Truman asked for a link  to back up my opinion the UK will continue to prosper, if we leave the EU and I provided  what he asked for.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1007144/brexit-news-uk-eu-no-deal-brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-latest

Edited by Lockdoctor

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The report was  published by Economists for Free Trade.  Truman asked for a link  to back up my opinion the UK will continue to prosper, if we leave the EU and I provided  what he asked for.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1007144/brexit-news-uk-eu-no-deal-brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-latest

Not them again (The Economists for Brexit predictions are inconsistent with the basic facts of international trade). They are the people who advocate unilaterally removing import tariffs which even they predict will lead to the elimination of manufacturing in the UK. Think how we'll fare negotiating trade deals post brexit if we've already given away the thing countries most want from trade deals.

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Do you really not understand what a credible independant report is?

The tobacco industry spend years commissioning reports saying that smoking did no harm to people's health. The fossil fuel and petrochemical  industries spent years commissioning reports saying that climate change and global warming were myths.

Now you offer a report by an anti-EU, free trade economic think tank which says surprise, surprise 'the UK will be better off outside the EU in free trade deals with the rest of the world.

Once again when leave supporters are asked for credible economic evidence that the UK will be better off outside the UK and once again, they come up with .........

nothing! :suspect: