The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do you really not understand what a credible independant report is?

The tobacco industry spend years commissioning reports saying that smoking did no harm to people's health. The fossil fuel and petrochemical  industries spent years commissioning reports saying that climate change and global warming were myths.

Now you offer a report by an anti-EU, free trade economic think tank which says surprise, surprise 'the UK will be better off outside the EU in free trade deals with the rest of the world.

Once again when leave supporters are asked for credible economic evidence that the UK will be better off outside the UK and once again, they come up with .........

nothing! :suspect:

I really don’t think he does. Something that only comes with a decent education. They can’t tell the difference. 

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

QED

'EU is a failing economic model' UK will thrive outside the EU with NO DEAL Brexit

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1007144/brexit-news-uk-eu-no-deal-brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-latest

The Economists for Free Trade:

https://www.desmog.co.uk/2018/08/09/economists-free-trade-meet-independent-experts-ties-climate-science-denial-pushing-no-deal-brexit

LOL, and you believe them? :loopy:

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Tony Blair sticking his oar in again.  What's it got to do with him?

About as much as it has to do with you, he is a UK citizen.

Complete Tosser.

Perhaps, but which bits of his speech today do you think he's got wrong?

Edited by Magilla

42 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The report was  published by Economists for Free Trade.  Truman asked for a link  to back up my opinion the UK will continue to prosper, if we leave the EU and I provided  what he asked for.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1007144/brexit-news-uk-eu-no-deal-brexit-jacob-rees-mogg-latest

They have an extremely unorthodox approach, are not taken seriously by other economists

Minford, for example advocates a winding down of British manaufacturing

56 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I don't mind you criticising my post, but please post the full quote, not an abridged version to suit your argument.

" free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks. "

Angel1.

I quoted your entire post fella.

Check back

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

" free of the German Boot and the corrupt institution that is the EU on our necks. "

That kind of bonkers paranoia is why Teresa May is on a hiding to nothing in Brussels.

It doesn't matter what guarantees are made about the backstop by the EU or how blindingly obvious it is that the EU don't want the backstop to exist any longer than necessary, the crackpot wing of the Tory party will never believe it is anything other than a German led ploy to keep us in the EU for ever.

Paranoid is not a good look! :suspect:

Tony Blair is another one that does not understand the implications of holding another referendum and has not put forward a plan that will solve the problem that leave may actually win again. If that happens, we have another referendum and leave wins again. then we just go back to square one and have to start to re-negotiate our way out.

Why ask the same question though?  Why not ask No-deal brexit or remain? 

I mean thats a fair question right and people know what the outcome will be.

Assuming the current deal gets kicked aside obviously.

Edited by geared

46 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Tony Blair sticking his oar in again.  What's it got to do with him?  Complete Tosser.

I would argue all day long against some of Blairs decisions and action whilst PM,but agree with him whole heartedly on this subject,so perhaps only a half tosser in my view.

Listen to what is said rather than who is saying .

1 minute ago, geared said:

Why ask the same question though?

Why not ask No-deal brexit or remain?  Assuming the deal gets kicked aside obviously.

Because another referendum on the EU which he wants should not ask those questions as the voters have already given the sanction to leave in a previous referendum. If it was put again then it should be a choice between a deal and we leave or no deal and we leave. 

The remain camp are 100% behind the same objective.

Brexit supporters cover a wide spectrum of views ranging from May’s proposal to a no deal ,walk away scenario.

The problem lies with the Conservative Party to sort out exactly what proposal they can unite behind.No sign of this happening yet.

So ultimately the only way to break the deadlock is to put it back to the electorate on a Remain v No deal  referendum.