The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 hour ago, steve68 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/10376341/Ive-been-a-tax-exile-for-seven-years-says-Branson.html

having sold up his property estates cheap to his kids, he then gave up his residency status.

However he keeps popping over here, to give his faux Union Jack suit and hat a parade.

So, a plastic Brit...like Dyson, who delocalised his production to the Far East years ago, whilst trousering ever more £ms’ worth of EU CAP payments for his U.K. estates and engaging in creative tax structuring.

I’m sorry, did you have a point with singling our Branson? Because for every plastic Brit like Branson you care to bring forward, I could probably raise you 1 or 10 Leave figureheads ;) 

Have you spotted a common characteristic amongst them all, however?

25 minutes ago, apelike said:

Because another referendum on the EU which he wants should not ask those questions as the voters have already given the sanction to leave in a previous referendum. If it was put again then it should be a choice between a deal and we leave or no deal and we leave. 

What deal?

1 minute ago, L00b said:

So, a plastic Brit...like Dyson, who delocalised his production to the Far East years ago, whilst trousering ever more £ms’ worth of EU CAP payments for his U.K. estates and engaging in creative tax structuring.

I’m sorry, did you have a point with singling our Branson? Because for every plastic Brit like Branson you care to bring forward, I could probably raise you 1 or 10 Leave figureheads ;) 

They're all "Men of the People"?

45 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Paranoid is not a good look! :suspect:

Neither is begging, so someone should have told Theresa: I’m hearing that her latest trip is turning even worse than Salzburg.

5 minutes ago, truman said:

They're all "Men of the People"?

Brexit or no Brexit, pro or against it, none of them will be affected by it to any great extent.

You -all- will be, and arguably (by econometric indicators) already are, irrespective. The Tories divided you all just fine. And the rest, other than maybe the SNP, let them with complete impunity.

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

Neither is begging, so someone should have told Theresa: I’m hearing that her latest trip is turning even worse than Salzburg.

Brexit or no Brexit, pro or against it, none of them will be affected by it to any great extent.

You -all- will be, and arguably (by econometric indicators) already are.

Sorry Loob...my sarcasm didn't come across in print...  :)

28 minutes ago, apelike said:

Because another referendum on the EU which he wants should not ask those questions as the voters have already given the sanction to leave in a previous referendum. If it was put again then it should be a choice between a deal and we leave or no deal and we leave. 

That is nonsense.

It is widely accepted that there is probably a majority in favour of remain now, so a ballot without the option of remain is effectively disenfranchising over half of the electorate.

Just now, truman said:

Sorry Loob...my sarcasm didn't come across in print...  :)

It did mate, and no need to be sorry at all.

It’s me: I’m just having another attack of “the senselessness of it all”. It’ll pass soon enough, after I check my Twitter feed for updates about May’s trip, for s**** & giggles ;) 

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Parliament are deciding if we take the deal, not the public.

If it's voted down in Parliament it's stupid to then take it to a referendum and ask what the public think.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Tony Blair is another one that does not understand the implications of holding another referendum and has not put forward a plan that will solve the problem that leave may actually win again. If that happens, we have another referendum and leave wins again. then we just go back to square one and have to start to re-negotiate our way out.

I'm sure he does understand. 

He might be a bit potty but he's not insane. 

I'm sure on the Andrew Marr interview a  few weeks ago, he said that if leave won the second referendum then we should give up and let the headbangers destroy the country or words to that effect. 

2 minutes ago, geared said:

Parliament are deciding if we take the deal, not the public.

If it's voted down in Parliament it's stupid to then take it to a referendum and ask what the public think.

the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a majority in parliament for any of the alternatives to the deal 

the idea is that if parliament can't make up its mind then the people are going to have too.

i'm not convinced that the people will be able to make their minds up either 

2 hours ago, L00b said:

I was replying specifically to Padders post.  I can name a fair few of the hundreds/thousands myself on both sides of the debate, that are plastic Brits.

it's a landslide of embarrassment, poop happens in this case by the shed load rather than the bucket.