The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

11 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Which parts of this last speech was advisory, seems cut and dried to me, we leave and it is irreversible. That's what we voted for.

The part where the Briefing Paper on the EU Referendum Bill 2015 (BP 07212) produced in June 2015 said it was.

Camerons speeches were AFTER the EU Referendum Bill has passed into law, he had no legal basis on which to make the promise. It usurped Parliament and turned a legally advisory referendum into a politically binding one (for the Tories).

I think Danny Dyer said it best......

All academic now.

Edited by Magilla

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nothing Cameron said was legally binding.

He lied, then he ran away to spend his time in a £25,000 shed

Basket case

It was pretty unambiguous to me. 

"If we vote out, that’s it.

"It is irreversible.

"We will leave Europe – for good. "

Angel1.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nope.

I've read the European Union Referendum Act 2015 from cover to cover and can't find those quotes anywhere.

I don't particularly care if you have read War & Peace, Cameron's speech was not in there either. But it was delivered by him on the Telly and in Print for all the Remoaners in the Country to read, learn and inwardly digest.

Angel1.

13 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I don't particularly care if you have read War & Peace, Cameron's speech was not in there either. But it was delivered by him on the Telly and in Print for all the Remoaners in the Country to read, learn and inwardly digest.

Angel1.

Are you really David Cameron or related to him?

You do realise that you are the only person in the universe who actually believes anything that he said.

He's a nobody sat in an expensive shed, failing to write his autobiography

6 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I can't remember after the referendum was announced it would be only an advisory one. If I missed something then I apologise.

It's because parliament is soverign  😱 

16 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I don't particularly care if you have read War & Peace, Cameron's speech was not in there either. But it was delivered by him on the Telly and in Print 

OK, so we are agreed that what you quoted was not part of the referendum legislation, but simply the words of a discredited politician.

What relevance are the words of a discredited politician to this debate?

20 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

OK, so we are agreed that what you quoted was not part of the referendum legislation, but simply the words of a discredited politician.

What relevance are the words of a discredited politician to this debate?

About the same as interfering bliar, Europhile and possibly the most disliked pm.

What David Cameron said in 2016 is not important in 2018 he will go down in history has a fool who took the UK to the edge. What matters now is how are we going to sort this mess out ? 

The choice is this:  

No Brexit and save thousands of jobs and families from hardship.

Brexit at any price only the most extreme would want this and put the wrecking ball to the economy and not give a dam about jobs losses has long we can get away from the evil EU.

Norway plus Brexit, well Norway has said we can't join their club go away and leave us alone.

May's deal, the deal that everyone loves to hate no matter how May  tryes dresses it up though you must admire her determination to flog an dead horse. 

Second Referendum could get us out of this deadlock but theirs an danger we could go in circles again. 

Everyone wants their own version Brexit club , this one could go one forever .

Place your bets on the outcome .

Edited by AntiBrexit