The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Behave apelike, Cameron told us in his last contribution before the vote,

I know I was being flippant and didn't look for a tong-in-cheek smiley.  Basically pointing out that its the will of the people only when the remainers want it to be.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It was actually one simple basic question but if you don't actually know what the EU is then it's not that simple anymore. 😳

Yes I realise than and meant to put 2 choices which I'm sure you knew... 😉

A warning to Brextremists:

BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

Crypto-fascist Hungarian leader Viktor Orban was elected on a massive wave of anti-immigrant feeling! As this has led to an inevitable shortage of Labour, the Hungarian government has passed a law allowing businesses to force employees to do up to ten weeks compulsory overtime a year.

And it gets worse. They don't have to pay the overtime for three years!

Those clowns who see Brexit as a populist, working class rebellion ought to wonder why there are no working class leaders of the Leave campaign. But strangely, millionaire and billionaire businessmen like Faridge, Banks, Rees-Mogg and Johnson are very keen on Brexit.

Now why would that be, I wonder?

"Hungary MPs protest over 'slave' law"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46595903

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It was pretty unambiguous to me. 

"If we vote out, that’s it.

"It is irreversible.

"We will leave Europe – for good. "

Angel1.

I don't particularly care if you have read War & Peace, Cameron's speech was not in there either. But it was delivered by him on the Telly and in Print for all the Remoaners in the Country to read, learn and inwardly digest.

Angel1.

It doesn’t matter what he said. There was nothing legally binding on subsequent PMs or governments. There’s no getting round that.

His judgement was completely shot to pieces by that point. 

42 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A warning to Brextremists:

BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

Crypto-fascist Hungarian leader Viktor Orban was elected on a massive wave of anti-immigrant feeling! As this has led to an inevitable shortage of Labour, the Hungarian government has passed a law allowing businesses to force employees to do up to ten weeks compulsory overtime a year.

And it gets worse. They don't have to pay the overtime for three years!

Those clowns who see Brexit as a populist, working class rebellion ought to wonder why there are no working class leaders of the Leave campaign. But strangely, millionaire and billionaire businessmen like Faridge, Banks, Rees-Mogg and Johnson are very keen on Brexit.

Now why would that be, I wonder?

"Hungary MPs protest over 'slave' law"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46595903

On the Labour side There’s Gisela Stuart, Kate Hoey (the DUP MP for Vauxhall), Dennis Skinner and a couple of others

7 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It doesn’t matter what he said. There was nothing legally binding on subsequent PMs or governments. There’s no getting round that.

But there is also no getting round the fact that parliament subsequently sanctioned and approved the result thus giving rise to the triggering of A50.

Edited by apelike

Just now, apelike said:

But there is also no getting round the fact that parliament subsequently sanctioned and approved the result thus giving rise to the triggering of A50.

And that means the referendum result was respected.

But it does not follow that continuing the A50 window is in the national interest. Nearly two years down the line we have a lot more information.

11 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

And that means the referendum result was respected.

But it does not follow that continuing the A50 window is in the national interest. Nearly two years down the line we have a lot more information.

I agree. But the triggering of A50 was legally binding on the UK and EU  under the terms of A50, even if the government changed it would still have to go through the motions. Its only recently that we know that it can also be withdrawn.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And Parliament can equally reverse the decision, it it has the support of a majority of MPs.

Yes that is also true but that has only just been ruled upon after all this time so it a new game-changer. I think it also has to be approved by the other house as well to be accepted.

Edited by apelike