The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 minute ago, SnailyBoy said:

Why are you quoting and responding to questions directed at someone else, responses that also have no relevance to the question?

Its a forum, not a 2 way conversation, I'll post how I see fit. Quoting you was relevant, as I said, everyone knew the purpose of the referendum. The fact you dont like my post or the result are both tough.

Just now, woodview said:

Its a forum, not a 2 way conversation, I'll post how I see fit. Quoting you was relevant, as I said, everyone knew the purpose of the referendum. The fact you dont like my post or the result are both tough.

My response was to the quiet bizarre post that a quote from a former PM from two years ago should have any relevance today. The poster in question thought it was obviously a killer point hence 'I rest my case'.

So how is my comment 'Is that your case?' somehow linked to your post above, especially this part?

"The fact that you dont like the result is irrelevant, and 'screaming and screaming until you are sick' won't change anyones mind."

9 minutes ago, woodview said:

It's interesting how we are often told in here that the eu has minimal powers and only enforces nice things like workers rights. Yet here we have a situation where the recently elected Italian governments new budget is subject to forcible eu amendment. Strange.

The EU is conducting a cruel and inhumane experiment in Italy at the expense of the poorest Italian people (with over 5 million people living in absolute, not relative, poverty in that country).

The EU has cancelled out democracy and is enforcing austerity upon a people to determine the consequences of leaving a country to fester in mass unemployment and declining living standards.

An EU central body in Brussels now decides if a member state (country) can have any flexibility on their financial spending to help their own people out of severe poverty. This is horrifying and a recipe for disaster. Its almost as if the EU wants to see a fascist rise to power.

2 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

My response was to the quiet bizarre post that a quote from a former PM from two years ago should have any relevance today. The poster in question thought it was obviously a killer point hence 'I rest my case'.

So how is my comment 'Is that your case?' somehow linked to your post above, especially this part?

"The fact that you dont like the result is irrelevant, and 'screaming and screaming until you are sick' won't change anyones mind."

The quote from the PM that instigated the referndum is clear that the result would be enacted. Hence that poster said what he did.

You whinging about it being non-binding 2 years later is a waste of time.

1 minute ago, woodview said:

The quote from the PM that instigated the referndum is clear that the result would be enacted. Hence that poster said what he did.

You whinging about it being non-binding 2 years later is a waste of time.

Here you go again.

Show where 'You whinging about it being non-binding 2 years later is a waste of time.' occurred.

In your own time.

11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The EU is conducting a cruel and inhumane experiment in Italy at the expense of the poorest Italian people (with over 5 million people living in absolute, not relative, poverty in that country).

The EU has cancelled out democracy and is enforcing austerity upon a people to determine the consequences of leaving a country to fester in mass unemployment and declining living standards.

An EU central body in Brussels now decides if a member state (country) can have any flexibility on their financial spending to help their own people out of severe poverty. This is horrifying and a recipe for disaster. Its almost as if the EU wants to see a fascist rise to power.

Perhaps one of the ardent EU advoctes on here will help explain how the eu overuling a national governments budget is democratic, and how Italian MEPs can prevent them doing so.....

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Statements by those in power are just those statements.

Nowhere in the legislation did it say anywhere, that the result would be anything other than advisory.

You are aware that 17.4 million people voted to Leave the EU?

498 MP's voted to trigger Article 50 in the Commons, only 114 opposed. A majority of 384.

At the 2017 General Election the two main parties that supported Leaving the EU won 87.5 per cent of the vote.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Democrats who oppose Brexit and want a second referendum are high in the polls...

Oh hang on.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I am.

Are you aware that 30.5 million people didn't?

Are you proposing toddlers should vote? Are all elections now to be determined only by majority of the whole population, not just the electorate? If there's second referendum must Remain gain 30m+ votes?

2 hours ago, apelike said:

An how many have recently died across the EU? How many are also living in poverty across the EU? You see its something that is widespread even in rich EU countries and not just something that is restricted to the UK

Ah, I get you: it's alright for the UK to ignore its socio-economic issues, because some other EU member states fare no better. Smart.

33 minutes ago, woodview said:

Perhaps one of the ardent EU advoctes on here will help explain how the eu overuling a national governments budget is democratic, and how Italian MEPs can prevent them doing so.....

Very easily: Italy signed on the dotted line for the €uro, and part and parcel of the fine print means toeing budgetary lines to avoid crashing the currency for everybody else in it.

Wholly irrelevant to the UK so long as it keeps out of the €uro. But you knew that, right?