The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

8 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

paragon of democracy Putin has declared that May must respect the will of the people.

Is he another one of these foreign leaders interfering with our domestic affairs, like Obama and Macron?

Asking for a friend 😄

Two years ago, the people of the UK were given a choice. Not a simple one like which colour shoes to wear, but a very important choice to which every voting aged British adult had a choice. Do you want to remain in the EU or do you want to leave the EU.

By it's very nature this wasn't a little poll to vote for the next X-Factor winner, this was an important choice that would affect all of us. 

On the day, the people that voted were the one who cared and chose to put a cross of their choice in the box. The people who stayed at home obviously did not care either way how the vote came out. 

It's unfair of remainers to suggest that people are stupid and didn't know what they were voting (or not voting) for as the question asked was pretty clear. In or out.

Easy.

As for the politics afterwards, that wasn't the concern of the average Joe as we have politicians to do that for us and regardless of which way it went, the general public have a government to iron out the crinkles and make the people's wishes develop. 

Remainers have their reasons for staying, and to be fair some of those reasons are right. But also the leavers have their reasons too, which may not appeal to everyone else, but are right nonetheless.

If there could be a common ground between both camps then it would have been possible to come up with a solution but there is nothing. It's like two warring factions trying to score points all the time. The only difference being is that the leave camp do acknowledge their will be problems after Brexit whereas the remain camp are not only convinced the consequences will turn the UK into a third world state, but have the constant audacity to brand leavers such as racist xenophobes who are too stupid to make their own minds up, and god only knows what else. I suppose it's everyone's right to think what they like about each other.

As a labour supporter all my adult life, I have no confidence in them at the moment. Corbyn has several faces and Abbott must have been some kind of sideshow act in a previous life. And that is the opposition.

I have listened to Chuka Ummuna over the last few years and I believe he has a fair attitude to all this mess,  along with his views on political matters in generall, and hopefully he will one day be leader of the Labour party and sort it out, whichever way we end up.

40 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

It's unfair of remainers to suggest that people are stupid and didn't know what they were voting (or not voting) for as the question asked was pretty clear.

And yet, given your posts that show the true and sheer ignorance prevalent in the leave camp, it's clear that remainers have a point.

As for the politics afterwards, that wasn't the concern of the average Joe as we have politicians to do that for us and regardless of which way it went, the general public have a government to iron out the crinkles and make the people's wishes develop.

It may not be the concern of the average joe, but since the entire process was started to avoid a split in the conservative party, it is entirely about being re-electable.

No-deal would guarantee that won't happen.

The peoples wish in 2018 is to remain.

Remainers have their reasons for staying, and to be fair some of those reasons are right. But also the leavers have their reasons too, which may not appeal to everyone else, but are right nonetheless.

And yet, so far, you have completely failed to make any case that is based on anything that's actually true, quite the oppposite.

I re-iterate, you *can* use Spanish health services for free as a UK citizen :rolleyes:

If there could be a common ground between both camps then it would have been possible to come up with a solution but there is nothing.

Common ground, and sense, was rejected by Brexiteers.

It's like two warring factions trying to score points all the time.

Pointing out the reality of the situation is not point scoring.

The only difference being is that the leave camp do acknowledge their will be problems after Brexit whereas the remain camp are not only convinced the consequences will turn the UK into a third world state, but have the constant audacity to brand leavers such as racist xenophobes who are too stupid to make their own minds up, and god only knows what else. I suppose it's everyone's right to think what they like about each other.

If only leavers weren't bending over backwards to prove the case, as your recent posts clearly do.

As a labour supporter all my adult life, I have no confidence in them at the moment. Corbyn has several faces and Abbott must have been some kind of sideshow act in a previous life. And that is the opposition.

A fair assessment, though the Cons aren't looking any better.

I have listened to Chuka Ummuna over the last few years and I believe he has a fair attitude to all this mess,  along with his views on political matters in generall, and hopefully he will one day be leader of the Labour party and sort it out, whichever way we end up.

Naturally... Chuka wants to remain.

Edited by Magilla

2 minutes ago, Magilla said:

And yet, given your posts that show the true and sheer ignorance prevalent in the leave camp, it's clear that remainers have a point.

It may not be the concern of the average joe, but since the entire process was started to avoid a split in the conservative party, it is entirely about being re-electable.

No-deal would guarantee that won't happen.

The peoples wish in 2018 is to remain.

And yet, so far, you have completely failed to make any case that is based on anything that's actually true, quite the oppposite.

I re-iterate, you *can* use Spanish health services for free as a UK citizen :rolleyes:

Common ground, and sense, was rejected by Brexiteers.

Pointing out the reality of the situation is not point scoring.

If only leavers weren't bending over backwards to prove the case, as your recent posts clearly do.

A fair assessment, though the Cons aren't looking any better.

Naturally... Chuka wants to remain.

I hope you had a cup of tea in-between all that

1 hour ago, BrexitGuy said:

As for the politics afterwards, that wasn't the concern of the average Joe as we have politicians to do that for us

politics isn't something you can outsource like cleaning or ironing. the attititude that it is has directly led to the rise of the PPE posh boy/girl with no experience of real life and no empathy for the ordinary person in the street.

instead politics, and brexit in particular, has been reduced to little more than a game of wet-towel tag in the dorm.  

1 hour ago, BrexitGuy said:

If there could be a common ground between both camps then it would have been possible to come up with a solution but there is nothing.

There could have been.  Rather than being bounced into Article 50, the government should have embalked on a national conversation, with panels and all sorts to explore each option and explain the consequences. Those on either edge will never be reconciled to anything but their own fantasy, but a consensus where everyone else was more or less content could have been

reached.  

22 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Too early for the biscuit I'm afraid. Toast soon tho....

it's never too early for biscuits, and you can't dunk toast.