The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

10 hours ago, Magilla said:

Well, I didn't think zero tarrifs meant no border checks and free movement of goods and I didn't have to feign ignorance to pretend I couldn't remember the racist and xenophobic leave campaign.. so there is that :rolleyes:

Mogg loves ill-informed, easily led, gullible idiots... so chances seem slim! :hihi:

Ok Jacob, you've just done it again. Enjoy the rest of your day.

3 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

It isn’t even hidden, Putin is playing his international destabilisation game, straight from the Cold War KGB textbook. 

Exactly. The British government is doing exactly what Putin wants. It’s weird.

Here is a very good article from a Remain voter that pulls apart the arguments for a 'People's Vote'...

Taking down the arguments for a second referendum

By Chelley Ryan

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/taking-down-arguments-second-referendum

"People were lied to, the Remainers say.

Well, yes, it was a campaign to secure votes, and unfortunately people lie in those. We know that from general election after general election. To suggest we should rerun a campaign because of lies is to suggest the public are naive enough to swallow them, hook, line and sinker.

Had that been the case, the outing of those lies would have given Remain a 20-plus point lead by now, instead of the narrow lead it’s taken them two years of hard campaigning against a snoozing opponent to achieve."

11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

To suggest we should rerun a campaign because of lies is to suggest the public are naive enough to swallow them, hook, line and sinker.

Then you read the posts on here from the likes of BrexitGuy, Lockdoctor, woodview, and yourself and realise that it is self evidently true!

Of course, the real reason for a second vote is that Brexit is already a failure, it will not deliver on any promise made.

Edited by Magilla

4 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Then you read the posts on here from the likes of BrexitGuy, Lockdoctor, woodview, and yourself and realise that it is self evidently true!

Of course, the real reason for a second vote is that Brexit is already a failure, it will not deliver on any promise made.

How can Brexit be a failure when it hasn't happened yet? Don't knock it until you've tried it (you might like it).

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

How can Brexit be a failure when it hasn't happened yet?

By the terms promised by Brexiteers during the referendum, it's an *abject* failure.

Don't knock it until you've tried it (you might like it).

Here's a plate with a turd on it, do you want a spoon or a fork? :rolleyes:

Edited by Magilla

5 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

It isn’t even hidden, Putin is playing his international destabilisation game, straight from the Cold War KGB textbook. 

Out of interest.. What do you think Russia gains from any destabilisation it causes in today's modern world?

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

By the terms promised by Brexiteers during the referendum, it's an *abject* failure.

I dont think any terms allegedly promised were much of a consideration to the voters especially as the end question was either Remain or Leave. Its a bit like a manifesto that is published by a political party before a GE and then ignored when they get in.

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Exactly. The British government is doing exactly what Putin wants. It’s weird.

It isn’t weird in the least.

London is THE turn plate for oligarch money, and just about all of them front for Putin, combined with the geopolitical interest in destabilising the EU to weaken its lure for Eastern Europe down to the Bosphorus.

He’s a career spook, doing what he knows best for the past decade and longer, and giving masterclasses in Realpolitik to all comers for just as long. Love him or loathe him (I’m firmly in the loathing camp), you’ve got to acknowledge his skills.

22 minutes ago, apelike said:

I dont think any terms allegedly promised were much of a consideration to the voters especially as the end question was either Remain or Leave.

Seems there's a fairly large majority who disagree and would like to have another say :rolleyes:

Its a bit like a manifesto that is published by a political party before a GE and then ignored when they get in.

Weird, I can't recall folk bending over backwards to excuse that breach of trust and shrugging their shoulders when manifesto promises are broken, quite the opposite :?

Edited by Magilla