The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

4 minutes ago, davyboy said:

So suppose the referendum went the other way 48:52 remain.

How would the remainers answer the call for a rerun by the exitiers?

Unfortunately to Remain means having to do nothing. A parliament of reamainers just carries on, and we get further entwined in the eu as each year passes. Disillusionment with mainstream parties would go through the roof though. 

3 hours ago, apelike said:

Out of interest.. What do you think Russia gains from any destabilisation it causes in today's modern world?

All superpowers benefit from destabilisation of other power blocs as it weakens them.

Economically Putin wants to see the break up of the EU as it is a threat to the Russian Federation. Member countries such as Ukraine would rather be part of the EU.

Manipulating the EU vote and helping Trump win the US Presidency has both destabilised the EU and emasculated the US, putting Russia in a much stronger world position. Exactly ten years ago I was in Moscow when they were rehearsing the Red Square military parade*. It was the first such parade since the collapse of the Soviet Union and was being reinstated because Russian national pride had taken a tumbleover the years. Standing there watching the onlookers you could see them bursting with pride at this show of strength. I'm not saying that they wanted a return to the Soviet era but they certainly wanted Russia to be a major world player again. Putin sensed that and played it to perfection.

(*if you ever get to see a Victory Day military parade in Moscow check it out! It is mad!!!)

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

All superpowers benefit from destabilisation of other power blocs as it weakens them.

Economically Putin wants to see the break up of the EU as it is a threat to the Russian Federation. Member countries such as Ukraine would rather be part of the EU.

Manipulating the EU vote and helping Trump win the US Presidency has both destabilised the EU and emasculated the US, putting Russia in a much stronger world position. Exactly ten years ago I was in Moscow when they were rehearsing the Red Square military parade*. It was the first such parade since the collapse of the Soviet Union and was being reinstated because Russian national pride had taken a tumbleover the years. Standing there watching the onlookers you could see them bursting with pride at this show of strength. I'm not saying that they wanted a return to the Soviet era but they certainly wanted Russia to be a major world player again. Putin sensed that and played it to perfection.

(*if you ever get to see a Victory Day military parade in Moscow check it out! It is mad!!!)

I can imagine that was quite a magnificent thing to watch. I remember Russia showing their military might on the news years ago. Every footstep was in sync. 

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Do you REALLY want to stay in this abomination that is fast going to the dogs. 

Here is a little clip, just to prove that all is not well in the corrupt EU.

Angel1.

He is basically saying what Farage has been saying for years.

All they want is more powers to the EU, less power to nation states.

As I have said before, they are very dangerous people.

We are best out of it.

3 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

He is basically saying what Farage has been saying for years.

All they want is more powers to the EU, less power to nation states.

As I have said before, they are very dangerous people.

We are best out of it.

Yes, but apart from you and a handful of right wing conspiracy theorists, nobody else believes it.

Paranoid rubbish!

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, but apart from you and a handful of right wing conspiracy theorists, nobody else believes it.

Paranoid rubbish!

So would you say that the eu has less say than they had 20yrs ago?

Just now, lottiecass said:

So would you say that the eu has less say than they had 20yrs ago?

Please stop the opinions for anyone else,your hands must be massive.

22 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Paranoid rubbish!

A large number of people think that. You can either listen and consider it, or call it rubbish. Calling it rubbish and ignoring what people were saying, as Cameron did and his predecessors, resulted in a Leave vote.

5 minutes ago, woodview said:

A large number of people think that. You can either listen and consider it, or call it rubbish. Calling it rubbish and ignoring what people were saying, as Cameron did and his predecessors, resulted in a Leave vote.

A large number? Evidence please?

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Which political party has broken it's June 2016 referendum manifesto?

Conservative and Labour

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

There is only a minority of the most extreme Remainers calling for another vote which would tear society apart.

Nope, there is the thing called the Peoples Vote.

Or are you fingers too far into your ears to hear the population demanding a democratic choice

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

So suppose the referendum went the other way 48:52 remain.

How would the remainers answer the call for a rerun by the exitiers?

Read my footer - Farage wouldn't have stood for it being that close, and who are we to doubt a leading Leaver?

Just now, woodview said:

Objectively: The referendum result. 

Subjectively: conversations with people.

But only a minority of the UK population voted to leave

2 hours ago, BrexitGuy said:

Probably with the same amount of tears as they do now.

It's inarguably the most pathetic show of the most undemocratic people of our country. Not only are the most extreme remainers showing a complete lack of respect they are also horribly awful at adding up.

But you are blocking the democratic choice of the people to change their minds.

And there is overwhelming evidence that leavers and remainers want to be able to vote on the final deal