The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

40 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Hahahahahahahahahaha. (The UK already is)

Fair comment. The reason why the UK looks to be a laughing stock is because the democratic people voted to leave the EU, but the politicians of the UK don't wish to implement the decision the democratic people made. It is not too late for the UK not to be a permanent  laughing stock, if the UK leave the EU without a deal on the 29th March next year.

Edited by Lockdoctor

48 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Why can't you have a second referendum before the original referendum is implemented?

The answer is you can but in order to do that and call another referendum takes time which the UK does not have much of. It needs the will of parliament from both houses first which takes time, also given they are also lacking the will to do so at the moment. Parliament would first have to approve to cancel the result of the referendum which would cause mayhem and distrust among the population, and they know that especially as the result was stupidly promised to be honoured by Cameron and the government. After that they would then have to sit, debate and vote to revoke A50 again not guaranteed and also taking up time. I think it fairly safe to say that its very unlikely that there will be another referendum anytime soon despite what some may want as the clock is rapidly running down. Parliament have jumped into a pool of quicksand and are sinking, and what they do now depends on how much their reputation will be damaged, so it will be a matter of damage limitation. 

35 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

And how are you finding your stay here? Have you been welcomed and feel safe and secure? I should hope you do. As well do. We are a decent people yet the remoaners are making us out to be some kind of idiots. No so. The only fools are the clowns who don't understand that the eligible electorate that turned out made the decision. 

If that can't be honoured then those who condemn it are the laughing stock, and should wear red noses and large shoes.

Great post.

41 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

And how are you finding your stay here? Have you been welcomed and feel safe and secure? I should hope you do. As well do. We are a decent people yet the remoaners are making us out to be some kind of idiots. No so. The only fools are the clowns who don't understand that the eligible electorate that turned out made the decision. 

If that can't be honoured then those who condemn it are the laughing stock, and should wear red noses and large shoes.

The UK is as much my nation as it is yours. I can be a remainer all I want, that is democracy. Dumping your future down the drain after a campaign for an advisory referendum that has already been found fraudulent on several occasions less so.

I’ve waited for two years now to see what the UK is doing to remain my chosen nation. So far I am unimpressed.

27 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Fair comment. The reason why the UK looks to be a laughing stock is because the democratic people voted to leave the EU, but the politicians of the UK don't wish to implement the decision the democratic people made. It is not too late for the UK not to be a permanent  laughing stock, if the UK leave the EU without a deal on the 29th March next year.

Now the democratic people want to stay. Tough luck.

Pressing ahead with no deal will make a lot of people angry, even some of those who now consider themselves staunch Brexiters

Edited by I1L2T3

1 minute ago, tzijlstra said:

The UK is as much my nation as it is yours. I can be a remainer all I want, that is democracy. Dumping your future down the drain after a campaign for an advisory referendum that has already been found fraudulent on several occasions less so.

I’ve waited for two years now to see what the UK is doing to remain my chosen nation. So far I am unimpressed.

That's nice to hear. The UK is one of the places that you can say openly that you are unimpressed with. It's free for you to say this. It is also free for me to say if you don't like the UK then there are a selection of airports you can visit. Try North Korea. I'm sure the bloke with the funny haircut would appreciate your openness on his country. 

13 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

That's nice to hear. The UK is one of the places that you can say openly that you are unimpressed with. It's free for you to say this. It is also free for me to say if you don't like the UK then there are a selection of airports you can visit. Try North Korea. I'm sure the bloke with the funny haircut would appreciate your openness on his country. 

Haha, maybe it’s you who should move to Pyongyang if you don’t like the EU

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Now the democratic people want to stay. Tough luck.

Pressing ahead with no deal will make a lot of people angry, even some of those who now consider themselves staunch BrexitersBrexiters 

No they don't. The UK democratic people voted to leave the EU in 2016 and voted in large numbers in the 2017 General Election  for the two main political parties who both had manifestos stating the democratic EU referendum result would be respected. The only people who will be angry about a  no deal  are the people who voted to leave in the 2016 EU referendum , who were on the losing side of the democratic vote and still don't accept the democratic decision made by the majority.  

I hope Father Christmas brings you a dictionary for Christmas this year and then you can look up the word democracy.

23 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Dumping your future down the drain after a campaign for an advisory referendum that has already been found fraudulent on several occasions less so.

Advisory but with the addition of a promise by the government to carry out the results which were approved by parliament. I think the ones found guilty and fined so far by the Electoral Commission were mainly from the Remain camp.

https://www.ft.com/content/2f91721d-9512-3c2a-9e0f-4453897183c8

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/95175/fresh-fines-remain-campaigners-after-referendum-expenses

As to the other on going alleged fraud cases, they have not yet been proven and are at the moment just investigations.

Edited by apelike

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

No they don't. The UK democratic people voted to leave the EU in 2016 and voted in large numbers in the 2017 General Election  for the two main political parties who both had manifestos stating the democratic EU referendum result would be respected. The only people who will be angry about a  no deal  are the people who voted to leave in the 2016 EU referendum , who were on the losing side of the democratic vote and still don't accept the democratic decision made by the majority.  

I hope Father Christmas brings you a dictionary for Christmas this year and then you can look up the word democracy.

So you seriously believe the majority will be happy with no deal?

Really?