The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

6 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

So you seriously believe the majority will be happy with no deal?

To be honest talking to many leavers the idea of a deal was not really part of any equation when voting as it was remain or leave and no 3rd option and I'm sure most leavers think the same.

Edited by apelike

“I think the state aid rules do need to be looked at again, because quite clearly, if you want to regenerate an economy, as we would want to do in government, then I don’t want to be told by somebody else that we can’t use state aid in order to be able to develop industry in this country"

Jeremy Corbyn

21 December 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/21/jeremy-corbyn-labour-policy-leaving-eu

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

To be honest talking to many leavers the idea of a deal was not really part of any equation when voting as it was remain or leave and no 3rd option and I'm sure most leavers think the same.

So the answer the question is.....

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

The problem being most leavers think with their heads in a bucket of coffee shops, metropolitan living and maybe a cyclist converted Britain. 

The UK has its own identity and does not need Europeanisation to succeed.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

“I think the state aid rules do need to be looked at again, because quite clearly, if you want to regenerate an economy, as we would want to do in government, then I don’t want to be told by somebody else that we can’t use state aid in order to be able to develop industry in this country"

Jeremy Corbyn

21 December 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/21/jeremy-corbyn-labour-policy-leaving-eu

It’s a fair point.

But he’s enabling a right wing Brexit that is driven by people whose agenda is to shrink the state, not grow it.

You are not getting Lexit. And if Corbyn facilitates a very right wing Brexit you definitely won’t get it, ever. Very few people will trust Labour ever again. In fact that trust is already evaporating daily.

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

Sorry forgot that bit.. no one knows not even you but I'm sure the majority of leavers will be happy as they didn't vote for any deal.

They won’t be happy with no deal. Guaranteed.

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s a fair point.

But he’s enabling a right wing Brexit that is driven by people whose agenda is to shrink the state, not grow it.

You are not getting Lexit. And if Corbyn facilitates a very right wing Brexit you definitely won’t get it, ever. Very few people will trust Labour ever again. In fact that trust is already evaporating daily.

I actually think there's more chance of the UK leaving the EU under a Corbyn led government than under a May (Tory) one.

20 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

So you seriously believe the majority will be happy with no deal?

Really?

A no deal scenario was an obvious possibility as a consequence of the UK democratic people voting to leave the EU.  It is irrelevant to the democratic process whether the majority of leave voters are happy with a no deal out come as a consequence of the result of the democratic EU referendum.

52 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Now the democratic people want to stay. Tough luck.

Pressing ahead with no deal will make a lot of people angry, even some of those who now consider themselves staunch Brexiters

If holding a 'People's Vote' and Remaining in the EU is so vitally important to the electorate, as some on here claim, why aren't we seeing any notable upsurge in the Lib Dem vote?

Edited by Car Boot