The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

And I am sick of leavers presenting their  opinions as thought they were sacrosanct and that they were gods-given source of knowledge of what the country wanted.

You seem to choose to ignore that over 50 % of the population did not vote to leave.

You seem to ignore that it has been proven that the leave campaign broke the LAW and have been proven to have done so.

You seem to ignore the fact that leavers are now saying (in their droves) that they want a second referendum so they can change their minds - as advocated by David Davies.

So we are both sick of hearing each other - status quo.

14 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You seem to choose to ignore that over 50 % of the population did not vote to leave.

See previous post as this is a classic example.

15 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You seem to ignore that it has been proven that the leave campaign broke the LAW and have been proven to have done so.

And you seem to ignore that it has also been proven that remain broke the law as well.

27 minutes ago, Litotes said:

You seem to ignore the fact that leavers are now saying (in their droves) that they want a second referendum so they can change their minds - as advocated by David Davies.

Not the David Davis bit again.. He was not talking about our democracy but the failure of the EU to allow the democratic elected countries to be able to change their minds on certain points once they have been admitted into the EU no matter how you try and spin it. 

Quote from the Independent:

Mr Davis said: “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”.

At the time he was criticising the EU for imposing irreversible laws on member states - something the current Brexit Secretary said was "not just undemocratic, it is anti-democratic”.

Edited by apelike

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not the David Davis bit again.. He was not talking about our democracy but the failure of the EU to allow the democratic elected countries to be able to change their minds on certain points once they have been admitted into the EU no matter how you try and spin it. 

Quote:

Mr Davis said: “If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”.

At the time he was criticising the EU for imposing irreversible laws on member states - something the current Brexit Secretary said was "not just undemocratic, it is anti-democratic”.

Ahhh, so a different democracy, not your every day type of democracy.

So when should our democracy get to change its mind?

Edited by SnailyBoy

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

It still remains a valid statement.

In the same way that you seem to forget this one - In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. - Nigel Farage 2016

You didn't disagree at the time - so I imagine you still stand by the sentiment.

Edited by Litotes

Just now, apelike said:

It does indeed but not in the context of what you state.

Whereas I prefer to take it in this context and agree with it.

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

It does indeed but not in the context of what you state.

Whereas I prefer to take it in this context and agree with it.

In fact, let's a look at what you say - you agree with the statement that a democracy should be allowed to change its mind - True?

but you don't agree that the country should be allowed another referendum to see if it has changed its mind now it know what 'Brexit" might look like? True?

So you contradict yourself? True?????

9 minutes ago, Litotes said:

So you contradict yourself? True?????

No not true as I have never stated that this country should not be allowed another referendum.. Good try though.

12 minutes ago, Litotes said:

In the same way that you seem to forget this one - In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. - Nigel Farage 2016

You didn't disagree at the time - so I imagine you still stand by the sentiment.

BTW what time are you talking about and why do you assume that I am a Farage fanboy?

Edited by apelike

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

No not true as I have never stated that this country should not be allowed another referendum.. Good try though.

Well you kinda did.

On 12/17/2018 at 5:47 PM, apelike said:

Yes it will.

For me however I will accept what parliament decide but I dont think it should be a public decision for reasons I have stated before.