The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

6 minutes ago, Hots on said:

It is so clear and blatantly obvious that the purpose of all these years of delay is so that the remain inclined young at the time of the referendum are now old enough to vote and a portion of the leave-voting older generation have died off.

What years of delay? A50 has a two year timeline, and is only designed to deliver a withdrawal agreement. A transition period then follows while the agreement is implemented.

There is no delay. This is how it works.

As for shifting demographics, any later vote that changes anything because of shifted demographics is just simple democracy in action.

1 hour ago, Hots on said:

It is so clear and blatantly obvious that the purpose of all these years of delay is so that the remain inclined young at the time of the referendum are now old enough to vote and a portion of the leave-voting older generation have died off.

No, the delay is two fold. A) we have a government at war with itself with no majority and the balance of power with the DUP. That doesn't help. 

B) it's really, really complicated and inept as they are, they are sensible enough to see that.

C)If the leave campaign had an actual plan to move forward, that would have helped (I'd be blaming David Davies for alot if I were you).

Actually it's 3. But if leavers with power had organised themselves better, you might have got a leave that you like, heck there might have even been a leave that remainers would have liked a bit rather than the spectre of a no deal or Mays **** sandwich.

19 hours ago, retep said:

The referendum was a simple remain or leave, no over simplification involved, complications arose mainly from the bleating of remainers like yourself, hopefully there will be no holdups and the EU can swing for it's money, I see panic is setting in already  with the black hole that will be left for the EU after Brexit.

Bit in bold: you should look up the definition of 'oxymoron' :lol:

According to all recent announcements by the UK government, variously about stockpiling food and medicines, enlisting the army to help,  leasing Dutch and French ferries <etc, etc>… I'm only seeing panic in the UK so far.

Put aside how insignificant that £39bn is, once collectivised across 27 (not forgetting: over its relevant timescale), the EU27 already have a contingency plan for the £39bn if the UK doesn't pay it: the largest individual EU27 states will each sue the UK at the ITC about it (long a matter of open record), and all of them plus the EU will drop the UK on its own like yesterday's kegs at the WTO (welcome to that shark tank :twisted:), then proceed to collect all dues through tariffs levied on UK goods.

Bleating? LOL: we'll see who does the most bleating in 81 days, either because Brexit is cancelled, or because project reality steps up the consequences pace  ;) 

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

LOL i see its already going the way we said it would :roll:

the blame game, everybody but themselves., it was The EU, now its remainers, remainers, remainers

It is exactly as predicted.

All the no deal planning the government is now doing was previously dismissed as not possible and just project fear scaremongering.

And wverybody else is getting blamed by Brexiters for the mess.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

According to all recent announcements by the UK government, variously about stockpiling food and medicines, enlisting the army to help,  leasing Dutch and French ferries <etc, etc>… I'm only seeing panic in the UK so far.

Put aside how insignificant that £39bn is, once collectivised across 27 (not forgetting: over its relevant timescale), the EU27 already have a contingency plan for the £39bn if the UK doesn't pay it: the largest individual EU27 states will each sue the UK at the ITC about it (long a matter of open record), and all of them plus the EU will drop the UK on its own like yesterday's kegs at the WTO (welcome to that shark tank :twisted:), then proceed to collect all dues through tariffs levied on UK goods.

Bleating? LOL: we'll see who does the most bleating in 81 days, either because Brexit is cancelled, or because project reality steps up the consequences pace  ;) 

You may not have noticed things aren't going too well in the EU as of late,  hope you left a door open back to the UK.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

LOL i see its already going the way we said it would :roll:

the blame game, everybody but themselves., it was The EU, now its remainers, remainers, remainers

Blame the people don't get off their arses to vote.

Edited by retep

2 hours ago, L00b said:

looks like some will disagree with you there https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-will-be-just-fine/  :thumbsup:

This from Politico.

"Belgium's government is in turmoil — yet again. France's peacock president is having his feathers plucked by a bolshy populace. The German chancellor is soon to depart this political life. Italy and Brussels may have papered over their rancorous dispute over Rome’s spending proposals, but neither is likely to play nice for long. Spain has a hideous unemployment problem, and poor Greece, the crucible of western democracy, has lost control of its own affairs and is turning into a third world country."

So the Remoaners wish to stay in this failing club. Whoopie do.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, retep said:

You may not have noticed things aren't going too well in the EU as of late,  hope you left a door open back to the UK.

Things in the EU are going their usual way. French protestors make noises, get pacified with crumbs and empty promises. "Anti-EU" Italians confirm they're happy with the €. Angela manages her retirement with her choice of replacement. And still no sign of any EU break-up, no more today than 3 years ago over Greece.

I notice most things fine: I dont take my news, nor worldview, from tabloids.

41 minutes ago, ricgem2002 said:

looks like some will disagree with you there https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-will-be-just-fine/  :thumbsup:

Is that the best disagreeing viewpoint you find?  :lol: