The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

Things in the EU are going their usual way. French protestors make noises, get pacified with crumbs and empty promises. "Anti-EU" Italians confirm they're happy with the €. Angela manages her retirement with her choice of replacement. And still no sign of any EU break-up, no more today than 3 years ago over Greece.

I notice most things fine: I dont take my news, nor worldview, from tabloids.

You forgot the bit about the EU begging for 39 billion.

2 minutes ago, retep said:

You forgot the bit about the EU begging for 39 billion.

I did? Who begged? 

Let's have a link please. To a factual piece, not an opinion piece (for a change).

In the meantime: the EU doesn't have to beg, the UK already confirmed that it would pay its share of the bills until 2019, i.e. only up to what it committed to whilst a member. I do have a funny factoid for you though: noone on the EU side has ever accepted or confirmed that £39bn was "it".

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, ricgem2002 said:

looks like some will disagree with you there https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-britain-will-be-just-fine/  :thumbsup:

Written by journalist and theatre critic  for the Mail and Telegraph with a diploma in classical archaeology........................................

So no evident expertise - and obviously no bias 😎

On 12/29/2018 at 5:17 PM, melthebell said:

the referendum was over simplistic, there was various ways to leave or remain but it just said leave or remain. May has put forward one way of leaving, but brextremists dont like it, yet consistantly fail to put their own plan forward. A full no deal is politically unworkable.

Her deal is not leaving , its a surrender to the Europeans. Only a No Deal is leaving 

9 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Her deal is not leaving , its a surrender to the Europeans. Only a No Deal is leaving 

Just like a divorce.

Walk out on the wife and kids.No maintenance no sharing of assets.No further contact.

Just walk away with no responsibility.

Totally irresponsible but you decided to leave and b*****  the consequences.

18 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

There’s no such thing as a raw no deal. Your concept of it is not a real world scenario.

prominent Brexiters are now having to acknowledge (without explicitly actually acknowledging it) there is no such thing as raw no deal and we now have the spectacle of Leadsom promoting a ‘managed no deal’

What she means is we have a no deal, then sign straight back up to practically all of the 750+ agreements that underpin the current relationship.

The government has given £14million of taxpayers money to a company to run extra ferries in the event of a No Deal Brexit....unfortunately the company appears to a shell with no assets and no ships.  When asked the CEO of the mysterios brand new company with no assets declined to give details on which ships it planned to use for the service, saying the information was "commercially sensitive".

Sounds like money siphoned off to chums rather than proper established freight companies.

30 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Clearly it isn’t.

in other news our galant leaders have secured the services of a ferry company in the event of a no deal brexit. So far so good but the government has just coughed up £14m  to a ferry company with no ships, have never shipped a single truck across the channel and who plan on using a very limited port.

sovereignty ladies and gents. Breathe it in.

No-deal Brexit ferry contract sparks concerns http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984