The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

No coincidence that fears of an influx of Middle Eastern boat people is being ramped up now.

Ladies and gents, that is information warfare.

My information is that most of these people being picked up/rescued are from within the French 12 mile zone so what would France gain from this?

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

The Iranian boat people is just another element in this whole thing.

No coincidence that fears of an influx of Middle Eastern boat people is being ramped up now.

Ladies and gents, that is information warfare.

It's part of Javid's leadership bid - and naturally throwing red meat to the dimwits who equate a couple of rubber dinghies with us being "swamped".

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Its time we deployed Gun Boats to solve this problem. 

Which is EXACTLY what should happen to them. Sends out the message that they will not be allowed to enter the UK if they try. 

We haven’t got enough ships  and not enough sailors to run the ships we have got. How much more tax do you want me to pay to keep maybe a few hundred illegal migrants a year (bearing in mind you won’t pay the tax anyway so it’s down to me and I’d bet you get more illegal stayers coming through Heathrow on a yearly basis).

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

On the money.

Angel1.

Yeah, bang on the nine bob note

2 hours ago, apelike said:

We dont have to sign up again as we have not yet left but that also could depend on what those 750+ agreements are that you are talking about. If you are talking about EU laws then it has already been decided what will happen with the so called great repeal act which will transfer most of the EU laws that took precedence over UK law back into UK law amended or otherwise by parliament.

We do if we want a whole range of basic functions to continue

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

We haven’t got enough ships  and not enough sailors to run the ships we have got. How much more tax do you want me to pay to keep maybe a few hundred illegal migrants a year (bearing in mind you won’t pay the tax anyway so it’s down to me and I’d bet you get more illegal stayers coming through Heathrow on a yearly basis).

And you'd win your bet.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/30/uk-migrant-crisis-bears-no-comparison-to-eus-2015-influx

"The Channel numbers are also small in the context of wider UK immigration and asylum statistics. According to Home Office data released at the end of November, 7,444 people claimed asylum in the third quarter of this year, of whom people crossing the Channel made up a very small percentage. Far larger numbers arrive by plane seeking asylum from countries like Uganda and DRC but get little media coverage."

Presumably Penistone999 would advocate the RAF shooting down airliners from Uganda entering British airspace.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And you'd win your bet.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/30/uk-migrant-crisis-bears-no-comparison-to-eus-2015-influx

"The Channel numbers are also small in the context of wider UK immigration and asylum statistics. According to Home Office data released at the end of November, 7,444 people claimed asylum in the third quarter of this year, of whom people crossing the Channel made up a very small percentage. Far larger numbers arrive by plane seeking asylum from countries like Uganda and DRC but get little media coverage."

Presumably Penistone999 would advocate the RAF shooting down airliners from Uganda entering British airspace.

Someone has to pay for illegal immigration. Its easy to make light of it, as if its not so much of a problem, but someone will have to pay. 

5 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Someone has to pay for illegal immigration. Its easy to make light of it, as if its not so much of a problem, but someone will have to pay. 

There is no evidence at this point it is illegal immigration - seeking asylum is perfectly legal.

It is a tiny proportion of the UK budget.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

There is no evidence at this point it is illegal immigration - seeking asylum is perfectly legal.

It is a tiny proportion of the UK budget.

Yes, seeking is perfectly legal. Its when they go missing it becomes everyones problem. Not millions I accept, but still missing. 

12 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Yes, seeking is perfectly legal. Its when they go missing it becomes everyones problem. Not millions I accept, but still missing. 

But a £39bn divorce bill is money well spent right?

If they’re illegal, stick ‘em on plane and send them back.  We need to make greater efforts to get illegals out, but not - as one caller on lbc said today - start sinking boats with women and kids on. 

7 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

The point that I and several others was making is that this very minor issue has been raised to crisis level to stir up the likes of several on this forum to somehow equate asylum seekers and illegal immigrants with free movement of EU nationals.

These are two very separate issues ,and one of them could have been addressed in the past by any incumbent Home Secretary,including Theresa May.

Its being used to try to maintain Brexit support in a familiar and cynical fashion.

Why do many supposedly oppose racism whilst stoking the fires of intolerance.

I suspect that one contributor would send Javid “back where he belongs”if he could .