The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

It makes absolute sense, if what I've read is correct, as one of the directors of this new company is a former director of JCB and donated £1m to the Tories.

Kerchinggggg!

Corruption? Here? Never.

i did post a page of the chairmen earlier and asked for people to try and research them, of course brextremists will only focus on any good points for the spectre of the holy no deal scenario rather than the whole picture :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, geared said:

It does if that company is run by your mates and a tidy kickback has been promised in return.

But i thought a no deal was best for "our" country and a kick in the goolies for all these rich milliuonaires?

😂

Yet again it just goes to show us what we envisioned, the tories would screw us over and use brexit for their own ends, and they arent even hiding it any more, so brazen and in our faces.

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Does it make sense to hand 14m to a company that doesnt have any ferries and has never sailed any ferries? 

Yes, it does if the people behind the new company have knowledge and experience  in the ferry industry.  Also makes sense to charter ferries in the early stages of the new business.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

It makes absolute sense, if what I've read is correct, as one of the directors of this new company is a former director of JCB and donated £1m to the Tories.

Kerchinggggg!

Corruption? Here? Never.

Its not what you know, its who you know.

Why let a load of Europeans, usually termed foreigners, get in on the act.  Oop's thats Brexit talk.

50 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Its not what you know, its who you know.

Why let a load of Europeans, usually termed foreigners, get in on the act.  Oop's thats Brexit talk.

You spout utter nonsense.  A  French ferry company and a Danish ferry company are awarded contracts worth £97 million of UK taxpayers' money between them  and a British ferry company is awarded £14 Million of UK taxpayers' money for a ferry contract  and are labelled con people for bidding for a contract which no other ferry people  including foreign people were interested in bidding for.

Edited by Lockdoctor

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

We encompass countries with their own identities and developed economies and there is no way that this will alter in the future.

Possibly not but some of those very countries are now getting more populist as time goes on and not all have very developed economies especially the newer entrants. But that aside, what happens when those poorer economically undeveloped countries start to flourish and are more economically stable? Those that travelled far and wide just to work as cheap labourers throughout the EU will no longer need to do that, so where will the cheap labour then come from to pick the fruit etc for the already developed countries. When the cheap labour starts to dry up, which it inevitably will,  which poorer underdeveloped country will the be asked to join the EU to fill that gap as it cant be sustained for ever and that is a big problem for the success of the EU. 

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Kerchinggggg!

Corruption? Here? Never.

It’s kind of like buying a big kid a new train set,

but instead its real ships, and ports

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

A  French ferry company and a Danish ferry company are awarded contracts worth £97 million of UK taxpayers' money between them  and a British ferry company is awarded £14 Million of UK taxpayers' money for a ferry contract  and are labelled con people for bidding for a contract which no other ferry people  including foreign people were interested in bidding for.

You can't have it both ways.

Either:-

£97 million of UK taxpayers 'may' go to French and Danish companies.

Or:- 

No other ferry people  including foreign people were interested in bidding for it.

and that's in the space of 3 lines!

The FTSE all share is lower now than it was in May 2015, a very poor performance. My own pension is down £200 compared to April 2018

I guess that is down to the current financial situation, different people will think differently about the cause of that.