The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I was in Manchester centre yesterday and there was a pro-Brexit protest.

No more than 200 people there, and that’s including police and security staff.

I don’t think Brexit has the weight behind it politicians think it has. 

12 hours ago, apelike said:

You mean this bit that I have replied to:

"In fact, anyone born after 1st Jan 1983 IS NOT ENTITLED to a British passport by origin of birth alone."

I replied:" From 1 January 1983, a child born in the UK or the Falkland Islands to a parent who is a British citizen or 'settled' in the UK or the Falkland Islands is automatically a British citizen by birth."

So yes they are entitled to a British passport by birth, its really not that confusing or hard to understand.

I know it wasn't and have never made out it was. Maybe you are not sure what misinterpretation means.

BTW you still have not answered my question as to what nationality it states on your passport! Come on now its only fair as I have stated what is stamped on mine. ;)

As for my nationality it states “British Citizen”

Also, let me correct you ONE more time. A person is NOT entitled to a British passport by birth alone as I already stated. The other prerequisite is that a parent has to be already a British citizen AS WELL. It really isn’t hard, but you are obviously finding it difficult. 

Do do you understand now?

57 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Weird, mine says

Nationality: British Citizen

Nothing else under that heading.

22 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So does mine.

I suspect apelike is either making it up or has a passport issued many years ago that hasn't been renewed and is therefore no longer valid.

On my very recently expired (must get a renewal sorted) passport.

Nationality: British Citizen

Apelike's passport must be getting on for 30 - 40 years old ;) *

*Note to Apelike - renew your passport, there's a big world out there.

Edited by SnailyBoy

In the news this morning, another consequence of brexit;

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2018/11/01/american-firms-should-run-hospitals-for-profit-after-brexit-says-group-supported-by-trade-minister/?fbclid=IwAR0zTcChlXze4YD1unQu4-m8JgnmBAbf5bFhz22xoc8Xdq8SOltnrS2VtFA

Project reality, NHS to be privatised for profit, all part of the tory plan.

13 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Your views are abhorrent apelike

First let me point out that I have never stated any views only that someone with a dual citizenship that of Russian and British can be classed as either Russian or British. 

The headline for me is that a person who becomes a British citizen will never be a proper Briton to you.

That may be your headline but please point to the xenophobic remark by me, not forgetting that you yourself has made xenophobic remarks against the Russians and have stated they were heavily involved in skewing the referendum results.

If people that are willing to follow a process that culminates in an affirmation of allegiance to the crown are not good enough for you, then what hope for those who simply seek residency after Brexit

Again you are making that up as I have never stated anything along those lines, again not forgetting that dual citizen bit.

At the very least your views are deeply xenophobic, at worst lord knows what is happening in your head

Now please post my xenophobic views so all can read and also look up what xenophobic means.

Take a good long look at yourself. Something has gone a bit wrong

Nothing has gone wrong its only people who are posting that are trying to make out it has as they are just in it for the argument no matter how thin it is, Graphene springs to mind here. :)

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

So does mine.

I suspect apelike is either making it up or has a passport issued many years ago that hasn't been renewed and is therefore no longer valid.

On the button as it has indeed expired. Does not alter the fact that I have one though!

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Do do you understand now?

Yes.... :)

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

I was in Manchester centre yesterday and there was a pro-Brexit protest.

No more than 200 people there, and that’s including police and security staff.

I don’t think Brexit has the weight behind it politicians think it has. 

To be honest a Pro-Brexit protest seems a pretty daft idea especially as its not necessary and maybe why the low turnout.

Edited by apelike

Just now, Cyclone said:

Commenting on Russian interference in various events, brexit referendum being one is not xenophobia at all.

It could be classed that by some though couldn't it? Notice also that my post equally was not xenophobic but has also been classed as xenophobic by some as well.

Are our politicians really going to let this whole sorry business slide towards the worst  of all options i.e. a no deal Brexit.

Party politics and internal wrangling would have much to answer for if they do not get their heads together and act,as they are supposed to do in the interests of the country.

I know there are a few on here who might welcome this,but I also know it is not what most of the population want.In fact it is what they fear.

As a Remainer I would accept a negotiated settlement,and this could be achieved .

I am equally sick of both the Tories for their infighting and of Corbyn and crew who only see this mess as an opportunity to force a general election.His bluster regarding how he would negotiate a better deal is laughable.

At the very least there should be a free vote in Parliament on the proposed settlement,because at the moment it appears that our future is not at the forefront of our elected leaders concerns.

Neither lot will get my vote in future unless there is a major shift towards common sense.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Are our politicians really going to let this whole sorry business slide towards the worst  of all options i.e. a no deal Brexit.

Party politics and internal wrangling would have much to answer for if they do not get their heads together and act,as they are supposed to do in the interests of the country.

I know there are a few on here who might welcome this,but I also know it is not what most of the population want.In fact it is what they fear.

As a Remainer I would accept a negotiated settlement,and this could be achieved .

I am equally sick of both the Tories for their infighting and of Corbyn and crew who only see this mess as an opportunity to force a general election.His bluster regarding how he would negotiate a better deal is laughable.

At the very least there should be a free vote in Parliament on the proposed settlement,because at the moment it appears that our future is not at the forefront of our elected leaders concerns.

Neither lot will get my vote in future unless there is a major shift towards common sense.

This entire parliament is devoid of common sense.

In other news, dominos pizza ferry services might not be ready for a no-deal brexit. Shock horror. Ramsgate 'can not be ready' for Brexit ferries http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46774054