The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

35 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

They are just the opinions of a woman Conservative councillor. The article doesn't mention whether the woman is an expert in in the ferry industry.

Sexist or what? I am no lover of the conservatives (male or female),  perhaps we should check the credentials of MP's as well just to make sure they know what they are talking about. We could start with Bojo and Rees Mogg.

57 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Your view that British citizens with acquired citizenship are inferior to those born with British citizenship is enough..

I don’t have to post anything. It’s all in the thread above.

But I dont have that view despite you claiming I have, and because of that you cannot back up what you imply as it only exists in your head and not mine. :) Now back it up with evidence please... But you already know you cant hence the "its all in the thread above" remark trying to avoid the question, and of course you do have to post it as its you who is making the allegations.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

This entire parliament is devoid of common sense.

If it had any common sense it would not have given a clear vote to hold a referendum in the first place.

Edited by apelike

37 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

She only lives nearer the port of Ramsgate than me.   Which experts has she been speaking to?  They don't mention any ferry industry experts she has been speaking to in the article. 

You can find experts on every contentious issue  and representing the whole spectrum  of opinions.

All we non experts can do is sift through and arrive at our own conclusions.

This scheme looks nothing more than a potential nice little earner for the directors and an embarrassment for Graveling (to me).

5 hours ago, apelike said:

It could be classed that by some though couldn't it? Notice also that my post equally was not xenophobic but has also been classed as xenophobic by some as well.

No, it couldn't, not even slightly, it's nothing like the definition of it.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

So.........

No ferries

No experience

No actual ferry terms and conditions

No public tender

and now no ferry port?

But 14m lighter

YAY

devoid of sense just like brextremists in general :rolleyes:

But don't worry, the company directors are personal friends of several high ranking Tories and have run previous companies into the ground before leaving debts of over 2 million at the time.

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

No, it couldn't, not even slightly, it's nothing like the definition of it.

But don't worry, the company directors are personal friends of several high ranking Tories and have run previous companies into the ground before leaving debts of over 2 million at the time.

And NOBODY at the start of brexit said the rich would get richer out of it at the expense of the rest of us :rolleyes:

honest guv

they arent even bothering to hide it

33 minutes ago, apelike said:

But I dont have that view despite you claiming I have, and because of that you cannot back up what you imply as it only exists in your head and not mine. :) Now back it up with evidence please... But you already know you cant hence the "its all in the thread above" remark trying to avoid the question, and of course you do have to post it as its you who is making the allegations.

If it had any common sense it would not have given a clear vote to hold a referendum in the first place.

So you regard the two scientists involved in the graphene research to be as British as you? Or a different class of British people?

Your original aim was to make it seem like their involvement was not necessarily a British success. You said unequivocally that they Russian in an attempt to mislead. You wanted to do that because we were discussing the risk to British research that Brexit presents. You wanted to play down that risk.

After you were called out on that you have then dug with rather deep and nasty hole for yourself about grades of British-ness. Only a xenophobe would feel the need to start arguing on that basis.

Like I said step back and review. It doesn’t look good for you.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

They are just the opinions of a woman Conservative councillor. The article doesn't mention whether the woman is an expert in in the ferry industry.

Can I ask why you are making a point of the gender of the councillor? Would you have done that were it a man?