The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

35 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am not promoting anything.   I have only stated, if the result of the ballot box is not respected then there is a risk some people might turn to violence.  There was violence in the streets of Zimbabwe this year after it was clear the people of Zimbabwe had been cheated in their election.  If Brexit doesn't happen then the people who voted to leave the EU in 2016 will have been cheated.

I am condemning people like you, who don't respect decisions made through the ballot box when it doesn't mirror your personal choice.

You are absolutely are promoting it.

You are saying that if Brexit does not happen then people will become violent.

You are doing exactly what Grayling is doing

If others like you condemn me should I be scared of getting attacked?

Edited by I1L2T3

36 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Then the question to you, oh dear superior democrat, remains - why not support a people's vote now the cards have been shuffled and the deck has been dealt?

I don't support a people's vote or another EU referendum vote because our Prime Minister at the time (David Cameron) told us all, if the democratic people of the UK voted to leave the EU then the UK would really leave the EU and there would be no new negotiations or another referendum. My decision to vote to remain in the EU was influenced by what David Cameron stated at the time.  I am not a dishonest person or cheat, which is why I do not support another EU referendum,

17 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

You are absolutely are promoting it.

You are saying that if Brexit does not happen then people will become violent.

You are doing exactly what Grayling is doing

If others like you condemn me should I be scared of getting attacked?

Hilarious.  You need to learn to read posts correctly. 

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't support a people's vote or another EU referendum vote because our Prime Minister at the time (David Cameron) told us all, if the democratic people of the UK voted to leave the EU then the UK would really leave the EU and there would be no new negotiations or another referendum. My decision to vote to remain in the EU was influenced by what David Cameron stated at the time.  I am not a dishonest person or cheat, which is why I do not support another EU referendum,

You said there was a risk of violence

In your opinion who will be the perpetrators, and who/what will they attack?

What exactly is the threat?

18 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

As far as I am aware the voting age in the UK is 18, that means we are dealing with adults. When adults have a disagreement, come to a bad decision, they can revisit that decision.

That is what democracy is, parliament constantly revises prior decisions.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Why are you promoting the idea that there will be violence?

You should be condemning it. 

What nonesense. Predicting an effect from a cause isn't promoting it at all.

You predict bad things happening because if Brexit, does that mean you are promoting them??😒🙄

I notice hundreds turned out at the People Vote Campaign in Sheffield.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/campaigners-gather-in-sheffield-to-call-for-people-s-vote-on-brexit-deal-1-9534043

Lord Hattersley, who was due to speak at the event but could not attend because of health reasons was very patronising in saying ""They voted by a small majority to leave the union, but they had no idea what leaving the union meant."

Edited by apelike

33 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

As far as I am aware the voting age in the UK is 18, that means we are dealing with adults. When adults have a disagreement, come to a bad decision, they can revisit that decision.

That is what democracy is, parliament constantly revises prior decisions.

I am struggling to understand your point. I am an adult and when David Cameron told us all that if the UK voted to leave the EU then the UK would really leave the EU and there wouldn't be another referendum, I believed his words.  The way  I Iook at the situation is that the people who don't respect the EU referendum result and are calling for another referendum are not behaving like adults and are behaving more like spoilt children do, when they throw their toys out of the pram after they don't get their own way.

Edited by Lockdoctor

14 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am struggling to understand your point. I am an adult and when David Cameron told us all that if the UK voted to leave the EU then the UK would really leave the EU and there wouldn't be another referendum, I believed his words.  The way  I Iook at the situation is that the people who don't respect the EU referendum result and are calling for another referendum are not behaving like adults and are behaving more like spoilt children do, when they throw their toys out of the pram after they don't get their own way.

Fortunately these bratty types are mostly confined to the internet. I haven't witnessed this spoilt behaviour in the real world thankfully.