Whats a million quid or two matter.

i think your wrong.

those of us that are capable of simple maths have worked out that the royal family is great for the uk, and generates a LOT more income than they cost.

but has been pointed out already, comparable countries like France get far more tourists than the UK and dont have a royal family,

i think your wrong.

those of us that are capable of simple maths have worked out that the royal family is great for the uk, and generates a LOT more income than they cost.

ok 1+1=2 what is the value, oh you mean like this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3601690/Andrew-4-million-kickback-Duke-brokered-385m-deal-Greek-firm-corrupt-regime-acting-British-trade-envoy.html

Edited by phil752

In a nutshell, its a legal spiel for people with no assets or income, receiving benefits and have become homeless through no fault.

These are the ones who are given temporary accommodation or the highest priority.

Ta. I suppose the problem then is how temporary is temporary. You could have percentage out of the 120k who might be homeless on the 20th December and and housed somewhere permanant by the middle of January. But on the other hand there will be kids who have been in grotty b n bs for months and months. I've no idea which situation is more prevelant.

and Macdonalds sell more burgers than waitrose,

it makes no difference at all what other countries do. In the UK. the Royals turn a profit for UK Plc.

so where is your proof? where is your evidence,?

my evidence against is, Chatsworth house gets thousands of visitors a year, the queen doesnt reside there,but people go and view the amazing house. they would go and view Buckingham palace whether the queen was sat in there watching telly or not...

not sure what you are quoting, are you saying we are a net benifit of the Queen from tourism

and you have no evidence either, but you are the one making the claim, so i am calling upon you to back it up with facts?

In a nutshell, its a legal spiel for people with no assets or income, receiving benefits and have become homeless through no fault.

These are the ones who are given temporary accommodation or the highest priority.

This is complete garbage. Tin, when I'm not on my phone I'll post a good link.

I think you will find that you are in a minority.

There is a lot of love and respect for the Queen.

I have nothing against the queen, but frankly the size, grandeur and number of palaces etc is a throwback to when monarchy in this country really counted and we had the richest empire in the world. Needless to say, we don't any longer.

What's wrong with a more 'in touch' monarchy like the one in the Netherlands, where Queen Beatrix's family apparently ride around on bicycles like everyone else, eat in fast food shops, mingle with the people, but can still put on a show when it counts. Queen Beatrix (a cousin of the queen?) was very much loved and respected by her people without all the pomp and trappings of wealth.

This country is constantly harking back to the way things have always been done, and mired in pointless tradition which is both expensive, and I believe, holding us back. Soon all we'll have is history, but no future. Time to move on.

This is complete garbage. Tin, when I'm not on my phone I'll post a good link.

Funny that because its a summary of exactly what is stated on the Crisis website as an interpretation of the main homelessness duties of a local authority.

It was also the exact criteria that was used when I was dealing with homeless files with my old legal aid firm.

But hey, if that's "complete garbage" what the hell do I know.

---------- Post added 20-11-2016 at 21:52 ----------

I have nothing against the queen, but frankly the size, grandeur and number of palaces etc is a throwback to when monarchy in this country really counted and we had the richest empire in the world. Needless to say, we don't any longer.

What's wrong with a more 'in touch' monarchy like the one in the Netherlands, where Queen Beatrix's family apparently ride around on bicycles like everyone else, eat in fast food shops, mingle with the people, but can still put on a show when it counts. Queen Beatrix (a cousin of the queen?) was very much loved and respected by her people without all the pomp and trappings of wealth.

This country is constantly harking back to the way things have always been done, and mired in pointless tradition which is both expensive, and I believe, holding us back. Soon all we'll have is history, but no future. Time to move on.

What a shame that down to Earth "in touch" dutch royal family are assessed at one of the most expensive to run.

Oh and just to help with the maths on how it may have an impact to ordinary taxpayers, at the last census, population of Netherlands

was approx 17 million. Population of the UK was approx 64 million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/europes-richest-royals-you-not-4989100

The Dutch royals have an estimated fortune of £131 million from investments in oil company Shell and real estate including Castle Drakensteyn in Holland.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands have reigned since 2013 when Queen Beatrix abdicated.

Aside from being the fourth richest royal family in Europe the Dutch Monarchs are also the most expensive.

According to a study in 2012 by Herman Matthijs, professor of administrative science and public finances at Ghent University, the House of Oranje-Nassau costs the country's taxpayers £31 million a year. That's more than any other royal family in western Europe.

Personal allowances for King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima are thought to be somewhere in the region of £5.4million a year, while the cost of official visits and overseas tours is estimated to be around £20m.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Funny that because its a summary of exactly what is stated on the Crisis website as an interpretation of the main homelessness duties of a local authority.

It was also the exact criteria that was used when I was dealing with homeless files with my old legal aid firm.

But hey, if that's "complete garbage" what the hell do I know.

---------- Post added 20-11-2016 at 21:52 ----------

What a shame that down to Earth "in touch" dutch royal family are assessed at one of the most expensive to run.

Oh and just to help with the maths on how it may have an impact to ordinary taxpayers, at the last census, population of Netherlands

was approx 17 million. Population of the UK was approx 64 million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/europes-richest-royals-you-not-4989100

The Dutch royals have an estimated fortune of £131 million from investments in oil company Shell and real estate including Castle Drakensteyn in Holland.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands have reigned since 2013 when Queen Beatrix abdicated.

Aside from being the fourth richest royal family in Europe the Dutch Monarchs are also the most expensive.

According to a study in 2012 by Herman Matthijs, professor of administrative science and public finances at Ghent University, the House of Oranje-Nassau costs the country's taxpayers £31 million a year. That's more than any other royal family in western Europe.

Personal allowances for King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima are thought to be somewhere in the region of £5.4million a year, while the cost of official visits and overseas tours is estimated to be around £20m.

Just goes to show they are all grabbers, in this day and age it is so out of date.

---------- Post added 20-11-2016 at 22:03 ----------

and Macdonalds sell more burgers than waitrose,

it makes no difference at all what other countries do. In the UK. the Royals turn a profit for UK Plc.

point out the profit other than tourism