Whats a million quid or two matter.

Good to see Albert keeping up with the times.

First reported in November 2016:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38025513

I think his rant may have been based on this news which came out yesterday:

The royal family cost each British taxpayer 69 pence last year (up 4 pence compared to last year)

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/06/royal-family-costs

Tell you what Albert, if you're struggling to cope I'll pay your share for you.

I think his rant may have been based on this news which came out yesterday:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/06/royal-family-costs

Tell you what Albert, if you're struggling to cope I'll pay your share for you.

If all them 69pences were to go to the health service or hospices or homeless ,the RSPCA , new schools and playing fields and so on then no problem .

But to give it to the Royal blooooody scroungers and their hangers on is an affront on mankind.

I think the point is.. as income is being generated from the Crown Estates why should it cost the taxpayer anything when the funding comes from a percentage of the profits.

They aren't talking about an additional 69p from each taxpayer in addition to the crown estate contribution.

But obviously the state could choose to give them nothing, they're an incredibly wealthy family in their own right, they don't need any public money, including from the crown estate, which was placed in the care of the state a long time ago.

While this great show of Royal extravagance is going on in our own City the Council are shutting care homes , sacking home helps, and telling us there is no money to build social housing so as people who are sleeping in shop door ways can get a modest roof over their heads .

Care in old age should either be paid for by the NHS or by people them selves.

Do younger people need care homes? So when people get old, they need care homes, I guess they must be ill.

Looking after ill people is down to the NHS, not the council.

They aren't talking about an additional 69p from each taxpayer in addition to the crown estate contribution.

But obviously the state could choose to give them nothing, they're an incredibly wealthy family in their own right, they don't need any public money, including from the crown estate, which was placed in the care of the state a long time ago.

Sorry but I seem to be a bit dim here. How can they claim that 69p comes from taxpayers money if its from the Crown contribution. As far as I can tell the profits from that contribution, although up, are less than what is given back to the Queen so extra is needed.

---------- Post added 30-06-2018 at 13:59 ----------

... So when people get old, they need care homes, I guess they must be ill.

No. Just because someone needs care in their old age it does not mean thy are ill. Quite often someone needs care simply because they have got to the age that they cannot function safely without that care. Falling down and not being able to get up is a major problem with the elderly, so is getting dressed etc.

Sorry but I seem to be a bit dim here. How can they claim that 69p comes from taxpayers money if its from the Crown contribution. As far as I can tell the profits from that contribution, although up, are less than what is given back to the Queen so extra is needed.

---------- Post added 30-06-2018 at 13:59 ----------

No. Just because someone needs care in their old age it does not mean thy are ill. Quite often someone needs care simply because they have got to the age that they cannot function safely without that care. Falling down and not being able to get up is a major problem with the elderly, so is getting dressed etc.

The Queen only gets a small percentage of the profits from the Crown Estate. It has recently increased to include the money that is needed for the restoration of Buckingham Palace, but has traditonally been around 15% I think.

It's in 'the news' they can claim whatever they like so long as they can vaguely show that it's true or an opinion.

It's in 'the news' they can claim whatever they like so long as they can vaguely show that it's true or an opinion.

It seems it is around that much as the sovereign grant does not cover the expenses of attending official duties and travel and therefor comes from the treasury.

Sir Alan Reid, the Keeper of the Privy Purse, said:

“It accounts for 65p per person per annum in the UK; that’s the price of a first class stamp."