Kensitas Cigarettes

Hi all - Who remembers Kensitas cigs? Didn't they have a packet of four attached to the main packet, which said 'Four for your friends'? The main thing though was the 'Silk Flags' or I should say a white silk with an international flag emblazoned on, this was in a cellophane wrapper inside. At the time some manufactures had cigarette cards, they had the 'Flags' on silk. fleetwood

Edited by fleetwood

I am 78 but remember them quite well. Was the packet mainly white with a picture of a butler holding a silver tray with a packet of Kensitas on it ?

I see you live in Vancouver - so does my daughter - works as a manager at Old Navy - think she is at the North Vancouver store near to where she lives

Victor - ex Swallownest but lived in Malaysia for last 11 years

Hi all = While on the subject of tobacco does anybody know if they still make the cigarillo's, (you can't call them cigars,) I think the name was 'Old Port', I think they were sold in a packet of five, obviously they were bigger than a normal cigarette and a little fatter and you've guessed it, they had a taste of wine? fleetwood

2 cigarettes, one was crying...what are you crying for asked one of them...

He replied....KENSITAS..

Lol - haven't heard that one for over 50 years ;)

Weren't they walking down Park Drive at the time? And wasn't it 2 Players?

Edited by Longcol

Lol - haven't heard that one for over 50 years ;)

Weren't they walking down Park Drive at the time? And wasn't it 2 Players?

A cousin of mine lived at 8 Park Drive in Ilkeston for years, We always told him he was two short of a full deck. We still talk to this very day, funnily enough:D

---------- Post added 02-07-2018 at 00:27 ----------

2 cigarettes, one was crying...what are you crying for asked one of them...

He replied....KENSITAS..

Never did hear that one,:hihi::hihi::hihi::thumbsup: