Thailand Cave Rescue.

From my childhood, I remember a man getting wedged in some local cave, and no-one could get him out. For all I know his body is still there. Does anyone else remember it?

the name neil moss springs to mind, my cousin worked on the rescue.

Potholer got stuck, didn't they give him morphine for a slightly less painful end eventually then cement the access closed?

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 17:46 ----------

yes a great international effort , but where were the Brazilians ?? they've got some of the best divers in the world but for some reason never showed up, disgusting if you ask me they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

What a bizarre comment, 17,000km for a start, and are specific Brazilians any more qualified for an exploratory cave dive rescue than anyone who was on site?

Potholer got stuck, didn't they give him morphine for a slightly less painful end eventually then cement the access closed?

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 17:46 ----------

What a bizarre comment, 17,000km for a start, and are specific Brazilians any more qualified for an exploratory cave dive rescue than anyone who was on site?

It"s a joke Cyclone, football...Brazilians always diving.

From my childhood, I remember a man getting wedged in some local cave, and no-one could get him out. For all I know his body is still there. Does anyone else remember it?

Neil Moss.

Got stuck in a narrow fissure in Peak Cavern.

Fell unconscious (CO2 build up) after rescue attempts failed and eventually died.

Shaft was sealed off and that part of cavern named Neil Moss Chamber.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Moss_(caver))

Edited by cgksheff

so i say they should blow up the entrance to stop it happening again...or worse, and the Thai authorities decide to turn it into a museum to attract 1000s of people lol

Peak cavern in the Peaks has a fatality inside - should that be blow up?

Porth-Yr-Ogof is a great starter cave for young uns to learn caving - taken the Scouts there many times. Eight people have died in that entrance in floods... should we blow that up to?

I refer you back to my point about trees and forests...

Obelix,

You are quite right in your opinion.

Mountaineering and rock climbing have their fair share of fatalities-Mt Everest having its quotient of deaths. Mountaineering, rock climbing and caving can kill you. But so long as the human species has a sense of adventure, these sports (they are not games) will flourish. Let's keep the dynamite safely in its box.

Edited by petemcewan

Great. Multi billionaire throws his toys out of the pram & tries to ruin someone's life into the bargain.

https://news.sky.com/story/british-cave-diver-mulls-legal-action-against-elon-musk-after-tycoon-brands-him-paedo-11438588

Saw this yesterday, just because the caver said it was a PR stunt by Musk, he said it was not possible for the submarine to be used as it would never go round the corners or through the tight spaces. He should now sue and demand Musk retracts his comments, labeling him a paedophile could have a great impact on his life and make things very difficult for him.