Cyclists create more traffic?

Ask stated  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Ask stated

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

A dash cam will sort out the Perps. :hihi:

I agree. It will very clearly show how much more time drivers spend sat in queues behind other motorists compared to how long they have to wait to pass cyclist safely. :hihi:

i dont know wether they create more traffic but they definitely cause more congestion and frustration!! after doing an airport run this weekend and coming back over the snake pass the amount of selfish cyclists 2 abreast and even a single cyclist holding up miles of traffic, although i must admit a couple of the rubbish drivers seem to think they cant pass a cyclist without going over to the other side of the road!!

(already been picked up on, but...)

I think you'll find they are the good drivers.

Have you heard of the Highway Code? Or even common sense?

Or maybe even recognition that cyclists are fellow human beans?

i dont know wether they create more traffic but they definitely cause more congestion and frustration!! after doing an airport run this weekend and coming back over the snake pass the amount of selfish cyclists 2 abreast and even a single cyclist holding up miles of traffic, although i must admit a couple of the rubbish drivers seem to think they cant pass a cyclist without going over to the other side of the road!!

Showing off your driving 'skills' eh?

Showing off your driving 'skills' eh?

na not really although i am good:thumbsup: but some seem to think they have to wait and use the whole opposite carriageway to pass....they dont if they knew the width of their vehicle its the same as the silly sods that pass parked cars so widely that nobody can come through the other way...its called spacial awareness:roll::roll:

na not really although i am good:thumbsup: but some seem to think they have to wait and use the whole opposite carriageway to pass....they dont if they knew the width of their vehicle its the same as the silly sods that pass parked cars so widely that nobody can come through the other way...its called spacial awareness:roll::roll:

I think you need to re-familiarize yourself with the HC. Go back and have a look at the photo in Rule 163. The one that says give vulnerable road users at least as much space as you would a car

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/using-the-road-159-to-203

How much space do you think you SHOULD give a cyclist then? And where should they be positioned on the road?

but some seem to think they have to wait and use the whole opposite carriageway to pass

Its not possible to pass a cyclist without going some way onto the other side of the road - something you can't do if there's oncoming traffic. There's a picture below to help you to show you can't get a bike, car and an oncoming car all in the space width.

When there's no traffic its good to give cyclists even more space than the mandatory minimum, as it doesn't give them a lungful of exhaust smoke.

https://i2-prod.gazettelive.co.uk/incoming/article13270583.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/DRR_MGA__020717cyclist.jpg