Kickboxing comp

Nice one clobo

I will be looking around to to try and get a perfect match for you in september.

As for summer, what is happening this summer?

Would I be able to persuade you to do a Full contact bout if the match up was perfect?

If not then I can still match you up for L-con.

At some point I would like to see you rematch the girl you fought in the Semi finals at the Bumac you were winning till you got caught with only a second remaining.

I liked your fighting style , you are a credit to Simon and Daz and your club as a whole.

Do you think Kirsty will want to fight?

Cheers Farhad! My style? Nicely! ha ha ha

I would love a re-match with that girl, so badly!!!!! If I lose, I lose...just feel too gutted about how that one ended!

By September time I am sure I will be up for Full Contact, just gotta go steady at the moment as I could end up being out for months cuz of my tendons.

Doubt Kirsty will fight, dunno if she's up for it really, but you never know.

Thanks for the kind comments!

:D

Cheers Farhad! My style? Nicely! ha ha ha

I would love a re-match with that girl, so badly!!!!! If I lose, I lose...just feel too gutted about how that one ended!

By September time I am sure I will be up for Full Contact, just gotta go steady at the moment as I could end up being out for months cuz of my tendons.

Doubt Kirsty will fight, dunno if she's up for it really, but you never know.

Thanks for the kind comments!

:D

Seriously CloBo , your style was great. First fight you totally outboxed that instructor (with the posh mum in her corner who knew absolutely zilcho about kickboxing :help: ). You OWNED that girl, then in the semis you fought a black belt from Farsley who you dominated until that body shot to the solar plexus in the last second!!!

GUTTED for you!!!

Ill try for a rematch even though this girl is heavier than you to my knowledge.

Excellent Debut, if i manage to get fitter over summer, I should be pulling my out of shape overweight 70kg (i used to fight at 63.5kg=Light Welterweight) arse over to Marsdens for a bit of a crack with yourself and the Marsden brothers just like the old days!

As for Kirsty, a rematch with Amy Matthews !!! Nothing like a good old grudge match , with the same ref as well :P

LOL!!!

The crowd is going to love it!

didn't know she was a black belt, don't mind the weight thing..re-match would be good though. ha ha, can remember that woman now you say that!

Kirsty might be up for that fight actually, is that her with the blonde hair?

Yeah, get down to Marsden's! Have a good spar!

didn't know she was a black belt, don't mind the weight thing..re-match would be good though. ha ha, can remember that woman now you say that!

Kirsty might be up for that fight actually, is that her with the blonde hair?

Yeah, get down to Marsden's! Have a good spar!

Yes it is Amy with the blonde hair. Will have to get amy down to the gym first.

Do you remember the girl who won the whole thing? She was from Leicester. You dont mind the weight difference? Thats cool, Ill just have to clear it with the sanctioning body. I will get down to Marsdens if the kids will let me free !!! Im invovled in kickboxing every day except saturday at the moment.

When are the marsdens "Barmy Army" coming down on Friday night? Wayne (who is technically AFK/Marsdens) was down Friday night having finished his exams he is talking about joining the fire service. Julian is a fireman and so is Fireman Mick (who won the under 75kg in the BUMAC this time).

All these kickboxing firemen eh?

Do you think Julian will be up for a Full contact bout in either September or November?

Hi Clobo

You up for a fight then?

Check this out:

Next AFK promotions event:

Friday September the 15th.

Bouts will be contested under:

1. Light continuous (mainly junior bouts, we will possibly only be having 2 or 3 of these at the most).

2.Full Contact=

Also called american style kickboxing. Fighters will compete in satin bottoms and will wear padded kickboots. All kicks will be above the waist line.

3. Kickboxing (oriental rules).

Very similar to the K-1 system. Fighters compete in shorts and are allowed to kick to the thighs as well as use of the knee and to employ limited clinching

Out of the above Clobo, id say option 2 would be what you would most likely be doing if we get you matched up correctly.

Novice bouts will be 3x1.5 mins, Experienced competitors will fight 3x2mins , under rare circumstances where 2 fighters are very good I may be willing to put on a 4x2mins bout.

Now 4 rounders will be for those of a high standard and who have had quite a few FC bouts.

There will be a buffet on at the show as well.

VIP tickets will include the finger buffet which will include chicken wings(or chicken legs) , spring rolls, onion bhajis etc.

If anyone has any other suggestions for buffet finger food please let me know NOW or forever hold your peace.

Sounds like a good night out even if you arent fighting doesnt it?

Everyone else will be provided with free nibbles (nuts/crisps,...etc) which will be up for grabs in the lounge bar.

There will also be a live DJ with every fighter entering the ring to their own music AND a fully licensed bar!

Hi Clobo

You up for a fight then?

Check this out:

Next AFK promotions event:

Friday September the 15th.

Bouts will be contested under:

1. Light continuous (mainly junior bouts, we will possibly only be having 2 or 3 of these at the most).

2.Full Contact=

Also called american style kickboxing. Fighters will compete in satin bottoms and will wear padded kickboots. All kicks will be above the waist line.

3. Kickboxing (oriental rules).

Very similar to the K-1 system. Fighters compete in shorts and are allowed to kick to the thighs as well as use of the knee and to employ limited clinching

Out of the above Clobo, id say option 2 would be what you would most likely be doing if we get you matched up correctly.

Novice bouts will be 3x1.5 mins, Experienced competitors will fight 3x2mins , under rare circumstances where 2 fighters are very good I may be willing to put on a 4x2mins bout.

Now 4 rounders will be for those of a high standard and who have had quite a few FC bouts.

There will be a buffet on at the show as well.

VIP tickets will include the finger buffet which will include chicken wings(or chicken legs) , spring rolls, onion bhajis etc.

If anyone has any other suggestions for buffet finger food please let me know NOW or forever hold your peace.

Sounds like a good night out even if you arent fighting doesnt it?

Everyone else will be provided with free nibbles (nuts/crisps,...etc) which will be up for grabs in the lounge bar.

There will also be a live DJ with every fighter entering the ring to their own music AND a fully licensed bar!

il wait till november

Nice one beaver look forward to seeing the big hitter in action.

From what I hear , you definitely have got what it takes. Claude says that aas long as you can remain focused and keep taking his advice, dont rush into things and stick to mastering the basics to perfection youll do great.

Claudes exact words " You wouldnt like to be hit by him , believe me on that one"

Referring to me obviously. Now Claude knows my level of ability and he has seen me spar with big guys and take shots off bigger guys so for him to say what he said to me means something!

He did however say that you do need to work on stamina.

I take it you will be in the crowd in september then?

Nice one beaver look forward to seeing the big hitter in action.

From what I hear , you definitely have got what it takes. Claude says that aas long as you can remain focused and keep taking his advice, dont rush into things and stick to mastering the basics to perfection youll do great.

Claudes exact words " You wouldnt like to be hit by him , believe me on that one"

Referring to me obviously. Now Claude knows my level of ability and he has seen me spar with big guys and take shots off bigger guys so for him to say what he said to me means something!

He did however say that you do need to work on stamina.

I take it you will be in the crowd in september then?

cheers dude,its nice to hear things like that,its good for morale,but ye my stamina needs work and so on.if you give me the destination and time for the september thing then il be there mate

Archived