Bins they are a'changin

Its ironic, Our street is spotless till the binmen come along. They see litter falling onto the floor from their lorry but just wont pick it up. A two second job. They need inspecters like they had on the buses sometime ago keeping a beedy on them. On saying the buses could do with Blakey's back on the job. :hihi:

A few weeks ago, our street was so bad after the paper bins had been emptied, I took a photo and put a complaint in. Honestly, the street looked like it'd been ransacked!

I didn't hear anything back from the council...….

A few weeks ago, our street was so bad after the paper bins had been emptied, I took a photo and put a complaint in. Honestly, the street looked like it'd been ransacked!

You wont hear anything back because its not happening on their street. :hihi:

As for who pays for the bins. Its the wages of the bin men I have more of an issue with. What do they exactly do. Put a bin on a machine that lifts it up and empties it.

We are the poor so and so's that do the hard work lugging it down the garden path. They never had a pay cut when they stopped doing that yet we do half their job for them.

As for who pays for the bins. Its the wages of the bin men I have more of an issue with. What do they exactly do. Put a bin on a machine that lifts it up and empties it.

We are the poor so and so's that do the hard work lugging it down the garden path. They never had a pay cut when they stopped doing that yet we do half their job for them.

You make it sound like they only empty a handful.

Geeor - it's on wheels man !

I wouldn't do that job for any money.

I had the misfortune to have to drive behind a refuse lorry in the heat last week and the stench coming out of it made my eyes water and I've been a nurse for over 40 years - smelled some smells over the years but nothing like that :gag:

Guess how many bins one crew empty in an average day .

Edited by Daven

Geeor - it's on wheels man !

I wouldn't do that job for any money.

I had the misfortune to have to drive behind a refuse lorry in the heat last week and the stench coming out of it made my eyes water and I've been a nurse for over 40 years - smelled some smells over the years but nothing like that :gag:

Guess how many bins one crew empty in an average day .

A damn site more than a crew did when I worked on the bins in the early 70's - and our crew was a driver plus 4 workers - for the last 20 years or so it looks to have been a driver plus one.

Plus the binmen might work past their mid 30's without being on long term sick with a crippled back.

I put my paper and card in the blue bin already and the washed bottles etc in the blue box. The idea seems ok to me but could do with a bigger blue bin if the collection is going to be halved. My raw food waste goes in the composting box at the end of the garden so the majority of my black bin is food packaging

It's driver + 3 or 4 around here LC.

---------- Post added 02-08-2018 at 07:28 ----------

Tweet the photo to them, I bet you get more of a response by calling it out in public.