Bins they are a'changin

22 hours ago, gomgeg said:

There's only one way to tell you this but here we go, nobody on here believes you've got a friend and also you're never going to get a job with your attitude.

But anyhow when I went to collect the bin the refuse man was still there, the bag of wallpaper waste was on top of the bin with the old rolls and part rolls underneath . After telling me he couldn't take it he was two houses down  before I could take the bag out and let him empty the rest, something he could have done quite easily.

so yes every thing is now going in the black bin which we are paying 156 quid a month for having  emptied.

And like most people on here I couldn't care less what you think.

And yet you're trying to explain why it wasn't your fault...  I don't honestly expect you to care, but if I make you reflect just a little on your childish behaviour then perhaps I'll have accomplished something.

The fact that you've resorted to ad hom attacks means that you're uncomfortable, so you probably recognise that you were at fault really and the cognitive dissonance results in you lashing out.

The bin lorries move quite fast, you were lucky he managed to tell you anything at all really and there was never any chance of him coming back at that point.

And none of that explains why you then decided that you wouldn't recycle at all.  That's still just spiteful behaviour.

I think the blue and brown bins are the wrong way round. We used blue for paper previously and it was always nearly full for the fortnightly collection. Now it's monthly, so it's full up after half the month. Conversely, the brown bin is only about a third full when collected.

Maybe the council should allow us to use either bin for each, so long as it's the correct content. 

16 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I think the blue and brown bins are the wrong way round. We used blue for paper previously and it was always nearly full for the fortnightly collection. Now it's monthly, so it's full up after half the month. Conversely, the brown bin is only about a third full when collected.

Maybe the council should allow us to use either bin for each, so long as it's the correct content. 

that brown bin is way to big for us - and yes, the paper bin should be the bigger one, especially now the collections have reduced.   Cant wait to have festering food waste sitting in a container for weeks on end, especially during the warmer months (sigh).  We already compost what we can anyway, mixed in with the rabbit hay and waste, but there's only so much compost you can make use of in a tiny terraced back garden!

3 hours ago, katkin said:

that brown bin is way to big for us - and yes, the paper bin should be the bigger one, especially now the collections have reduced.   Cant wait to have festering food waste sitting in a container for weeks on end, especially during the warmer months (sigh).  We already compost what we can anyway, mixed in with the rabbit hay and waste, but there's only so much compost you can make use of in a tiny terraced back garden!

Rinse the packets before you put them in, put any large amounts of food waste into the black bin for fortnightly collection.