Dr Barnardos - a bit misleading?

I share your sentiment, but the lower paid workers are getting a hike in the minimum wage. But will this make a difference, I am unsure.

With views like yours, it hard to believe that these top bosses will earn their pay, with reduced support from the general public.

I do not believe a system whereby the Government sets pay rates would work better, the system we have now works, its just that we get people griping.

They do not earn their pay and do not have the support of the general public. My views are not extreme and far from uncommon. Many, many people share them, and there is growing anger jn the general population at large.

How can it be said that the current system works .The government set the minimum wage ,there is no longer free collective bargaining. The strange thing about people who gripe only do so when they are not happy with the situation .People do not gripe when they are happy and treated well and not having to be subsidised by the state or have to attend places to obtain free food gifts.

They do not earn their pay and do not have the support of the general public. My views are not extreme and far from uncommon. Many, many people share them, and there is growing anger jn the general population at large.

With a revenue of £245,183,000 the CEO must be doing something right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnardo%27s

---------- Post added 23-07-2018 at 14:36 ----------

People do not gripe when they are happy and treated well.

Read a few more threads, people gripe about nothing, lol, it passes the time.

I think that a point is being missed about charities.Churches ,Universities,schools etc can and do apply for charity status and now seeing this post ,it looks like over recent years that charities have increased in numbers.Now I may be a puritan ,but as a kid I recall most charities were run on a volunteer service and it was totally reliant upon various donations for dogs,cats elderly and helping underprivileged abroad.But now it is the done thing to be a charity which seems to be very lucrative to say the least.

Now the fact that Barnardos has such an high turnover is this a charity or is it a business,and just because there is a high income is it fair that certain individuals earn so much when after all it is a charity.I think that this post should change its title from Dr Barnardos-a bit misleading to Charities-a bit misleading.

I think that a point is being missed about charities.Churches ,Universities,schools etc can and do apply for charity status and now seeing this post ,it looks like over recent years that charities have increased in numbers.Now I may be a puritan ,but as a kid I recall most charities were run on a volunteer service and it was totally reliant upon various donations for dogs,cats elderly and helping underprivileged abroad.But now it is the done thing to be a charity which seems to be very lucrative to say the least.

Now the fact that Barnardos has such an high turnover is this a charity or is it a business,and just because there is a high income is it fair that certain individuals earn so much when after all it is a charity.I think that this post should change its title from Dr Barnardos-a bit misleading to Charities-a bit misleading.

When it comes to workers at the bottom, it's a charity and they are expected to work for nothing. When it comes to workers at the top, it is a business and they think they are entitled to earn the same as a multi-national.

Now I may be a puritan ,but as a kid I recall most charities were run on a volunteer service and it was totally reliant upon various donations for dogs,cats elderly and helping underprivileged abroad.But now it is the done thing to be a charity which seems to be very lucrative to say the least.

Yes, your views are out of date!

When I was a child my aunties looked after me for no reward other than being family. A single parent today would get so much free child care and the carer would be registered and paid.

Your views should be updated.

Well CID not quite sure the point you are making .I make a broad comment and you take it as a personal attack,jeez.Oh by the way your opinion is just that it does not make you correct . You may need a few issues resolving before you comment on here as I really do find it offensive when I have made a comment and someone takes it as a personal attack