Why has religion retained its appeal?

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning this thread will get, any further bickering, baiting or posts that break the forum rules the thread will be closed. Accounts will be suspended.

Private message me your answer if you prefer?

Look, I know it must be difficult to admit that you believe something that you can't even define. Why you'd have that belief, I don't know. However, if you want to discuss dark matter, go for it on the Understanding the Universe thread.

Look, I know it must be difficult to admit that you believe something that you can't even define. Why you'd have that belief, I don't know. However, if you want to discuss dark matter, go for it on the Understanding the Universe thread.

Our particular discussion is about 'belief' in something that cannot be defined and whose existence cannot be proved. Dark matter happens to fall into this criteria. Back on topic.

Our particular discussion is about 'belief' in something that cannot be defined and whose existence cannot be proved. Dark matter happens to fall into this criteria. Back on topic.

No, that's your discussion. You've already admitted your happy to believe in something that cannot even be defined.

If you want to discuss dark matter, go to the Understanding the Universe thread. I don't know how many times I have to say it.

No, that's your discussion. You've already admitted your happy to believe in something that cannot even be defined.

If you want to discuss dark matter, go to the Understanding the Universe thread. I don't know how many times I have to say it.

You know I'm not interested in discussing dark matter. My interest is in relation to your apparent belief of something that cannot be defined and whose existence cannot be proved. I.e. "Dark matter".

You know I'm not interested in discussing dark matter. My interest is in relation to your apparent belief of something that cannot be defined and whose existence cannot be proved. I.e. "Dark matter".

Now here's where you have to quote where I said I believe in dark matter.

Good luck.

I'd like to look at belief itself, what actually is it? Not so much interested in the object of belief, but the process of belief itself. What is belief?

Believing in something we can't prove or even define is called faith.

And we do it all the time.

I don't believe it's necessarily anything to do with indoctrination, it just seems to be built into the psyche. It's just stronger in some people than others.

Believing in something we can't prove or even define is called faith.

And we do it all the time.

I don't believe it's necessarily anything to do with indoctrination, it just seems to be built into the psyche. It's just stronger in some people than others.

Can you give an example, apart from the obvious one?