Why has religion retained its appeal?

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning this thread will get, any further bickering, baiting or posts that break the forum rules the thread will be closed. Accounts will be suspended.

Snipped to save time, context left intact...

Are you even aware of what you are posting?

You asked "Why do they call it nature"? Answer: "Because everything is the product of nature".

Common sense dictates that everything in existence has to be the product of nature. So what is nature? Is it everything that exists? Well. how can it be if everything in existence is the product of nature? Is it something far greater than myself. Yeah, I reckon it has to be. Can science explain it's origins? No it cant.

Conclusion: 1st point- Nature cannot be a product of nature, therefore, it cannot be attributed to nature. 2nd point- It's origins and exact nature cannot be explained by science, therefore, it is supernatural by definition.

You asked "Why do they call it nature"? Answer: "Because everything is the product of nature".

Common sense dictates that everything in existence has to be the product of nature. So what is nature? Is it everything that exists? Well. how can it be if everything in existence is the product of nature? Is it something far greater than myself. Yeah, I reckon it has to be. Can science explain it's origins? No it cant.

Conclusion: 1st point- Nature cannot be a product of nature, therefore, it cannot be attributed to nature. 2nd point- It's origins and exact nature cannot be explained by science, therefore, it is supernatural by definition.

Wow, just wow.

My conclusion; you've lost the plot big time.

Okay, you just..

uhh...

hmm

Seriously, do you read what you post?

You defined this 'something' as supernatural, beyond human comprehension, defying the laws of logic.

You're now claiming that you believe it exists because ""Because it's been subject to scientific study for thousands of years"

This is despite science being not at all concerned with the supernatural.

As for your other point.

Where did I claim that I have a belief in any of that?

I'm happy to say that I don't know what happened before the big bang.

Your claims are bordering on an argument from ignorance.

It is supernatural by definition.

Before you were marvelling at scientific hypothesis saying their theories were based on real evidence unlike my belief or religious beliefs? What's changed? Why the doubt?

---------- Post added 29-07-2018 at 22:12 ----------

You're wrong. It's because religion provides a framework for an age old human need to make sense of the world around them.

My conclusion; you've lost the plot big time.
You lost it on page one.

It is supernatural by definition.

Before you were marvelling at scientific hypothesis saying their theories were based on real evidence unlike my belief or religious beliefs? What's changed? Why the doubt?

Based on post #211 I'm out.

You're either trolling or you genuinely think like that.

Either way, it's pointless to continue.

Okay, you just..

uhh...

hmm

What's this about? Has the bottom fell out of your argument?

---------- Post added 29-07-2018 at 22:19 ----------

Based on post #211 I'm out.

You're either trolling or you genuinely think like that.

Either way, it's pointless to continue.

Utter nonsense. The real reason you're out is post 215.

So you've solved the problem of existence with a bit of circular logic and a requirement that there be a "before time existed"...

And hilariously you think that's you 'winning' an argument that nobody else was even having!

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 07:42 ----------

It does exist. Even you know it exists. You just dismiss the idea of it because you cant explain why it exists or how it came into existence.

It doesn't exist. Even you know it doesn't exist. You just dismiss the idea because you think we must have an answer for every question.

So you've solved the problem of existence with a bit of circular logic and a requirement that there be a "before time existed"...

And hilariously you think that's you 'winning' an argument that nobody else was even having!

---------- Post added 30-07-2018 at 07:42 ----------

It doesn't exist. Even you know it doesn't exist. You just dismiss the idea because you think we must have an answer for every question.

You seem to have an argument for everything. Everything but the illogical theories of scientists that is.